UBB.Dev
Posted By: DJSharp advanced ubb code 6.2 ?? - 02/15/2002 9:06 AM
i tryed using the 6.1 version of advanced ubb code but the code was too different. can somebody update this? it should be pretty simple if you understand the code, its only like 2 or 3 steps. somebody try to do that...thanks...
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: advanced ubb code 6.2 ?? - 02/15/2002 8:18 PM
All existing "Advanced UBB Code" hacks introduce security issues.

Do not install them, do not use them.
Posted By: DJSharp Re: advanced ubb code 6.2 ?? - 02/15/2002 9:35 PM
then somebody should update it.

if nobody does, then ill have to let everybody use HTML.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: advanced ubb code 6.2 ?? - 02/15/2002 9:38 PM
That'll prolly be safer, actually. *L*
Posted By: yors Re: advanced ubb code 6.2 ?? - 02/16/2002 8:23 PM
Charles, the discussion in the 6.2 Mod section remained unfinished. Can you pleasae clarify if all the additional codes have security hazard, or is it only some -- like the flash and imaage, that you stated their. In that case, is it possible to atleast some, if not all of them?
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: advanced ubb code 6.2 ?? - 02/17/2002 2:40 AM
All the hacks that do anything "advanced" always include UBB codes that allow inlining/embedding something from an external URL.

If you install the hack and do not include anything that allows inlining/embedding, they should be safe.

On the other hand, it would be nice if one of the hack authors would actually listen to what I'm saying and just clone imagize() or something...
Posted By: DJSharp Re: advanced ubb code 6.2 ?? - 02/17/2002 5:58 AM
i really hope somebody does do this hack for 6.2 becuz using html will just cause problems. i want to let people center & change the font/color/size in their sigs & do other things like that. with html somebody might put codes in that allow audio to play or somethin like that.

so somebody please fix this hack up for 6.2 PLEEEEASE!

i actually tryed to do it myself last night. i got center & underline to work, but i couldnt get the rest to work & i dont know why cuz i thought i had it right, but it was too hard, so i gave up. frown
© UBB.Developers