UBB.Dev
Posted By: WNxWakko Jimbos Custom Titles - 05/12/2002 10:41 PM
I realize 6.3 has a place in each profile to add a custom title, however, thats alot of work to keep track if you use alot of them and change them frequently as I do. It needs to be all on one page so you can quickly scan all the titles and make changes. Im wondering if the previous custom title/ranks will be somehow brought back into this.
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 05/13/2002 9:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by WNxWakko:
I realize 6.3 has a place in each profile to add a custom title, however, thats alot of work to keep track if you use alot of them and change them frequently as I do. It needs to be all on one page so you can quickly scan all the titles and make changes. Im wondering if the previous custom title/ranks will be somehow brought back into this.

On my test board, I just tried to install the JCT hack, and it worked--after I tweaked one hack in the ubb_lib_posting.cgi file (second step) with the Multihack file I have.

Since I had the hack installed before, all I did was upload the four files I modified:

cp.cgi
ubb_lib_posting.cgi
cp_common.pl
public_topic_page.pl
Posted By: WNxWakko Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 06/12/2002 12:51 AM
Per a PM from Zildjin, decided to reply on this instead of in the PM,

quote:
Hello,

I saw your post in the URL below and I have the same problem. I need to be able to change large quantities of title's quickly and easily.

Have you found a hack for this for 6.3 ?

Jimbos custom rank/titles from 6.2 with some modifications works with 6.3. I dont make hacks so I dont exactly have a nice text file on porting it. It just works for me now, but it can be done.

I also noticed you have 0 posts. Why cant you reply to public messages with these questions?
Posted By: SLAM SLAM Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 06/12/2002 7:33 PM
I wouldnt mind the hack to allow users to create their own custom title. Is there one around, bare with me im new to this !
Posted By: RandyM Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 06/13/2002 4:07 AM
Click here and read the warnings. I am not a hack writer but this should work...
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 06/13/2002 9:30 AM
I just added a Custom title under the user title and Member can user define it. Similar to that but add $user_profile[16] undrr $user_status and make the field.
Posted By: SLAM SLAM Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 06/13/2002 1:34 PM
Safe cheers for that, will have a little play !
Posted By: Zildjin Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 06/28/2002 5:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by XPerT.x:
Click here and read the warnings. I am not a hack writer but this should work...

I am using XPerT.x's hack, but I want to limit the ability to have custom titles displayed to only members who have access to forum #6. I've tried changing:

if ($user_title ne "") {

to:

if (($user_title ne "") && ($user_permissions->has_permission("forum", "view", 6))) {

But that had no effect, people that were not members of Forum #6 still have their custom titles displayed in their posts.

I don't care if all members can add their custom titles in their profiles, but I only want the custom titles of members of forum #6 to be displayed when viewing posts.

I'm very new to hacking, so a little help would be appreciated, thanks.
Posted By: CTM Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 06/28/2002 8:16 PM
Is your Forum 6 a "Team Meeting" of some sort, which only Mods and Admins are allowed to access? If so, try using:

if (($user_profile eq 'Moderator') || ($user_profile eq 'Administrator')) {

I'm also a newbie when it comes to hacking, so please make sure to back up public_topic_page.pl before editing it. :
Posted By: Zildjin Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 06/28/2002 8:22 PM
Nope, they are regular members, not mods or admins.

Forum 6 is a private forum, we also have public forums and public only members and I don't want them to be able change their own titles.
Posted By: Brett Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 06/28/2002 8:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by CTM:
Is your Forum 6 a "Team Meeting" of some sort, which only Mods and Admins are allowed to access? If so, try using:

if (($user_profile eq 'Moderator') || ($user_profile eq 'Administrator')) {

I'm also a newbie when it comes to hacking, so please make sure to back up public_topic_page.pl before editing it. :

Um.. no. This is how it should go.
if(($user_profile[8] eq 'Moderator') || ($user_profile[8] eq 'Administrator')) {

The 8th place is where the status lies wink

And Zildjin, try this,

if (($user_title ne "") && ($in{f} eq '6')) {
Posted By: Zildjin Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 06/28/2002 10:31 PM
Thanks Brett, that worked well. smile
Posted By: Zildjin Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 07/02/2002 5:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by brett:
And Zildjin, try this,

if (($user_title ne "") && ($in{f} eq '6')) {

I spoke too soon, this did not work. This bit of code only allows custom titles to be seen in forum 6.

Forum 6 is a private forum and I want the users of that forum only to have their custom titles shown. I want their titles shown in all of the forums though, not just in forum 6.

Any ideas anyone?
Posted By: Zildjin Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 07/02/2002 6:32 PM
Ok I tried:

if (($user_title ne "") && ($user_profile[4] =~ m/6/)) {

Since the 4th place is the forum permission line.

This didn't work, but I am unsure how to do a match. The 4th place typically can look like this:

Write&10,6,12,9,8

What is the proper syntax to search for the '6'?
Posted By: CTM Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 07/02/2002 7:14 PM
Uhh... That was quite careless of me. :rolleyes: Sorry bout that... :
Posted By: Zildjin Re: Jimbos Custom Titles - 07/02/2002 8:56 PM
Ok, after much messing around, I got it to work.

It's ugly, but it works fine.

if (($user_title ne "") && (($user_profile[8] eq 'Moderator') || ($user_profile[8] eq 'Administrator') || ((index($user_profile[4],6) > 0)))) {

This ensures all mods, admins and members of forum 6 have their user definable custom title's displayed in all their posts. Good thing I don't have forum 16 or 26 or 36, etc. wink
© UBB.Developers