UBB.Dev
Posted By: Shinju All who made hacks written for 6.3 please read - 05/16/2002 7:09 PM
I've been thinking of combining a bunch of hacks that I use on my board into a single multihack file.

As of right now, I'd start with the calendar hack, Ely_M's upload mod, Hit hack, member list, the and CP addon. Prolly also Sticky threads since some of those need that hack. Not sure about the mod_wordlets file since there is a cgi file that will install that.

I'd prolly want to add the PM inbox eventually and I'm sure I'd find a few others that I'd like to have...

Just want to ask you guys tho before I go and do this if you minded me combining them? I might do it just for myself, but it seems like a lot of work to do for just me, and having to update it with each release so I can use it again...

I don't have the knowledge to write hacks, so I figured maybe this is a way I could "give back" to all the people that are able to...

I dunno, if you have any problem with me doing it, I won't. Please let me know.

Shin
Posted By: LK Re: All who made hacks written for 6.3 please read - 05/16/2002 7:13 PM
Good idea, it would probably help, smile

I agree if you use the hacks I maintain: calendar, hit, memberlist and cp addon. You'll have to include mod wordlets cause memberlist, hit hack and ely's upload use it tipsy

quote:
member list, the and CP addon
"the and CP addon"?

Oh, I forgot the reason why I was replying on the first place, wrong forum... I don't think any forum fits, so I'm moving to ideas and suggestion.
umm...Modifications CP Addon...

I haven't actually installed this one on my boards yet...

only 4 modified files..sorry couldn't remember the actual name when I posted this smile
I guess I'll have to contact everyone by email...

Started working on this last night, anyone with test boards want to make sure that I didn't screw anything up?
ive written one hack tipsy , and helped in a few, as long as im asked and givin credit ill have no problem with it, and seeing how you asked, i have no problem with it wink
Posted By: LK Re: All who made hacks written for 6.3 please read - 05/17/2002 7:35 PM
I'm not an auto-responder like Anime, "if I get asked and get credit I agree", but it's usually what I do tipsy
All I am doing is combining multihack files into one...I'm putting in the same comments that are in the original, whatever code and comments are in the code ect will remain the same.

Right now I am putting the wordlets mod into multihack format.

I started with the Calendar hack and am adding other hacks to the end of that since that one seems to be the longest (thus saving every possible copy => paste)

My goal is not to "steal" credit from anyone, just the oposite. I am unable to write my own hacks, I know very little about perl. But I am very good at copying and pasting, so that is all i am doing wink
Posted By: LK Re: All who made hacks written for 6.3 please read - 05/17/2002 9:25 PM
smile
Did you ever finish this I'm a totally newbie and think it's a great idea for us hopeless at changes lol
This would be great if it was ever done.
© UBB.Developers