UBB.Dev
Posted By: Orb ip range banned but letting a static ip through - 05/22/2002 2:31 PM
we have a complete range of ips blocked but wondering if theres a way to let one member through who uses a static ip any help or ideas on this be much appreciated
friendly bump on this
I'm not sure but maybe you can do this with a htaccess file if you run the forum on an unix apache server.
how is it blocked?
its blocked via the ubb's ip blocking
one more bump on this one
Wouldn't this be more of an htaccess type thing?
quote:
Originally posted by XPerT:
Wouldn't this be more of an htaccess type thing?

No its not htaccess. What he is asking is, if you block say 160.160.160 simply because you know this guy always has these numbers, but the last in the series changes, i.e. 160.160.160.111, 160.160.160.222 and so on. Now you have one guy that is static ip 160.160.160.333 now because you blocked 160.160.160 this takes out anyone even the 160.160.160.333 guy.

So in summary is there a way to set an allow list in addition to the ban list that will override your banlist setting, thus letting this 160.160.160.333 guy in?

I hope this makes sense. Remeber even if you set allow in htaccess, they are still blocked from registering at ubb, so there is no connection.
I understand what he's asking, I was in communication with him during the upgrade testing. My point is that since the UBB is not capable at this point of doing what he wants that he may have to look elsewhere to do it.
This isn't so hard, in fact.

Create a new file (name it "goodips.cgi", for example) and add your IPs to it you'd like to let through, no matter of other IPs in the ban list, each on it's own line.

Then, in ubb_lib.cgi, find:

# Check IP Ban List--

Add code to load your file (OpenFileAsArray), change the match checking a bit and you should be set.
© UBB.Developers