UBB.Dev
Posted By: Bill B Don't want Guests to show - 05/28/2002 6:44 AM
What's the easiest way to stop the "guests" from showing up on the summary page? confused

I've read through all of the notes on UBB and UBBDev and while the explanations are nice... the bottom line is that my registered users are annoyed that the phrase "guests" shows up... also it messes up the "highest number of people logged in" record.... :rolleyes:

Arghhh... It may be useful to an administrator to know this, but the users really don't want it... and now that I've said that... I'm not so sure that I ever missed not having that info for the past year or so... hummmm..... laugh
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Don't want Guests to show - 05/28/2002 6:53 AM
Then change the "Guests" wordlet to something else! wink
Posted By: Bill B Re: Don't want Guests to show - 05/28/2002 7:02 AM
ha ha... but how does the "number" then not show up? Is that a wordlet item too?

Oh, brother, if it is then I sure overlooked an easy one!!! :rolleyes:
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Don't want Guests to show - 05/28/2002 6:49 PM
Take a peek in public_pntf_summary.pl - you can snip out the HTML there.
Posted By: Eaglecrew Re: Don't want Guests to show - 05/29/2002 3:11 AM
Question on this same subject... on a private board why do I have guests listed at all?

Thx!
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Don't want Guests to show - 05/29/2002 6:14 AM
If a user hits the forum summary, then another user hits it & the cache clears before the other user can log in, the unlogged user will show up as a guest.

Users that choose to remain invisible will also show up as guests.
Posted By: Eaglecrew Re: Don't want Guests to show - 05/29/2002 4:04 PM
Thanks for the info Charles.

I checked in the CP for an option to turn off the ability to hide from the recent visitors. I couldn't find it. Would like to see that added!

Thx!
Posted By: Bill B Re: Don't want Guests to show - 06/01/2002 12:24 AM
I'm still concerned that it's messing up the "most ever logged in" counter.
© UBB.Developers