UBB.Dev
Posted By: lgwong Do not display a category in the main page. - 06/27/2002 4:55 PM
I wish a particular category not to display on the main forum page. I will then create a separate link to the category summary page. Can this be done? I don't mind if this is just hard code. help
Use the hidden forum hack.
Using the hidden forum hack will hide the forum no matter it is in the main page or not. What I want is just not to display a particular category in the main page but leave it intact when I just display that category alone. frown
Ah, I misread the original post. I think you just need to hack the SortForums subroutine in ubb_forum_summary.cgi. This should work:

Find:

Code
[/code]and change to:

[code]
I'm not 100% sure since I haven't tested it or anything. It should work though.
Actually, the Extended Category Hack can hide entire categories for you. You should use that instead.
Posted By: LK Re: Do not display a category in the main page. - 06/29/2002 4:00 PM
That's basically its purpose - not to hide it so only admins can see it, but to hide it because there are 2 different purposes, test things, etc. Example - http://www.nomadsoft.net/ - you can see "Syncronet" in the list at the left, but not at http://www.nomadsoft.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi laugh
I am using 6.2. So I cannot use the extended category hack.

I have try

quote:
foreach (@sorted_forums) {
if ($in{category} eq "$cat_list{$_}" && $in{category} ne "7") { push (@sortforums, $forum_line_list{$_}); }
}

but seems nothing happens. I have also try != 7 instead of ne "7" but it did not work too.

What does $in{category} stands for?
Posted By: LK Re: Do not display a category in the main page. - 07/01/2002 5:31 PM
I think it should be:
[code][/code]
It does not work either. The output looks like as if nothing has been edited.

I try to comment out these 3 lines, nothing happens. It seems that the display do not involve this three lines.
Posted By: LK Re: Do not display a category in the main page. - 07/01/2002 8:15 PM
It's only when using ?category=X, you know
It seems that this is not what I need. Your Extended Category Hack is exactly what I need. I don't want to display a category with a lot of fourms inside in the main page but display it somewhere separately. But it is a pity that it is only for 6.3.
© UBB.Developers