UBB.Dev
Posted By: Galactus UBB die roller? - 07/27/2002 1:32 AM
I know this should be easy:

I know a lot of people like to give their UBB forums a RPG or game site feel. Can someone create a die roller hack for UBB Classic boards?

The hack could probably function like a UBB button. Click a "die roll" button and a pop-up screen will appear to ask how many dice to roll (1, 2, 3, or 4). The person then selects the desired number and types the rest of his/her post. The combined die roll is then added to the user's post with the header "Username rolls a:" or something similar. How cool!

The ONLY difficulty would lie in ensuring that someone cannot edit their post with a die roll in it, otherwise they alter their result. The best method would have the die roll result field kept hidden from the editable fields (except maybe by the Moderator) and therefore cannot be changed, but an alternative method would be to have the die roll added in a separate post that precedes or follows the player's post and this post can then only be edited/deleted by the Forum's Moderator.

Even for non-gaming sites, the UBB button would be fun. Who wouldn't want to roll for a drink or something amusingly similar? thumbsup
Posted By: Bring In The Geek Re: UBB die roller? - 10/01/2002 11:32 PM
This is an AWESOME idea. Has anybody done this?
Posted By: Chu Re: UBB die roller? - 10/02/2002 5:23 AM
seing as there have been several topics about this and noone has done anything related to them.. i have modifyed something like ths from a wizards of the coast program, it will be displayed as a regular button, that will display at the bottom of each page. if you are still interested, please IM: Outou no Chu
© UBB.Developers