UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gladius PM Notifier Hack - 08/06/2002 10:08 PM
Well, I think this would be just about the most installed hack you can imagine for 6.3.1., which, amazingly enough, still doesn't have a way of informing members if they have any new messages or not. (No, I won't even say anything about stickies :rolleyes: )

Remember the PM hack for 5.45c? It basically added a category strip to the bottom of the forum listing where it displayed if users have any new PMs or not, and listed the number of new ones if they do. Someone PLEASE, make an identical clone of this part of the old PM hack. My users are begging for it!

(I tried the other similar hack that I've seen posted here, but it's neither done this way, nor did it work, it kept showing 0 new messages. And some replace code in it doesn't match 6.3.1. anyway.)
Posted By: LK Re: PM Notifier Hack - 08/06/2002 10:12 PM
There is such a hack. It's called "PM Inbox", and the only difference is the look.
Posted By: Gladius Re: PM Notifier Hack - 08/06/2002 10:32 PM
Yea, and as I said, it doesn't work. It obviously wasn't natively written for 6.3.1. And I want that look anyway, not just some little link that no user will notice.

Hey, hey, wait a sec! You have EXACTLY what I want running on your board! What will it take to get you to release a public version of that? How about my personal thanks and cries of adoration of all our board members for starters?
Posted By: maurice Re: PM Notifier Hack - 08/07/2002 12:13 AM
I agree with Gladius,

There are a lot of PM inbox mods on ubbdev and it is quit confusing wich one to use and a lot don't work with php or cookie problems,

I think this mod is a very important one because a lot of people don’t even know there is a PM box

LK do you think you can document the one you have on your forum?
Posted By: Gladius Re: PM Notifier Hack - 08/07/2002 5:58 PM
Well, LK? PLEASE? tipsy
Posted By: Gladius Re: PM Notifier Hack - 08/09/2002 12:46 PM
Anyone else up for this if LK doesn't want to do it?
Posted By: LK Re: PM Notifier Hack - 08/09/2002 2:54 PM
No, because it's very simple: just put the pub_forum_sum code in PageBottom, and make it look like in chat mod/stats.
Posted By: Gladius Re: PM Notifier Hack - 08/09/2002 9:35 PM
Uhm, what? confused

What pub_forum_sum code?
Posted By: Brett Re: PM Notifier Hack - 08/10/2002 3:02 AM
Posted By: Gladius Re: PM Notifier Hack - 08/10/2002 5:46 PM
Damn, UBB hacking must really be at an all-time low if no one's even interested in such a hack.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: PM Notifier Hack - 08/10/2002 7:27 PM
I use the regular pm notification mod on my personal site, it works well.. tho it tells me if there are new pm's since my last visit. If I don't check them on that visit, it doesn't remind me again. Which is ok, if I don't read them then it's because I didn't want to smile Anyways, it works as designed... tho you may want it to check each time.

LK's is the same one, he just has the html set to look like a forum at the bottom of public_forum_summary.pl in the pagebottom area. Check the threads for the code to do that.
Posted By: Gladius Re: PM Notifier Hack - 08/10/2002 7:45 PM
Would you mind posting some links for that? I can't find it anymore...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: PM Notifier Hack - 08/10/2002 7:57 PM
check the 6.0x-6.2 mod forum... do a search for "pm inbox"
© UBB.Developers