UBB.Dev
Hi all,

Is there any way an external cgi or Java script could create a post in a UBB forum?

I want to be able to have to have my readers letters or feedback automatically entered into a specific forum. The forum will be set up so that only admins and mods and the automatic process can create a topic, but anyone including unregistered guests can reply.

If anyone can think of any suggestions or a hack I may have missed, or even another way of doing this I would be grateful of hearing about it.

Thanks for your time
Paul
Posted By: Charles Re: External automatic forum/topic posting - 12/15/2002 1:33 PM
hello paul smile

what you are asking has been done already, please check
http://perl.bobbitt.ca/ubb_archive/
for mor informations

charles
I cant get this to work at the moment, for some reason ubb wont except the username and password when its passed as part of the call, it says there is no one registered with that username and password.

Ive emailed the auther and hopefully he can help as he has it working on 6.4.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Hi,

Mike Sorted me out with a newer version that fixed a couple of things and I figured out that I have to have "Allow Posting Without Logging In?" turned on to get this to work.

Is there any way I can enable that above switch on a per forum basis? as i would prefer it turned off for general use.

Thanks again
© UBB.Developers