UBB.Dev
Posted By: Bob Ferguson Adding Sound - 05/28/2003 4:02 AM
Is it possible to add soundbite(s) to the UBB PM when someone has a private message awaiting them? I heard this on another forum program when I logged onto it, and it was a Bugs Bunny sound file telling me that I had a message (PM) waiting for me.
Posted By: Brett Re: Adding Sound - 05/28/2003 9:15 AM
In public_common.pl
[code][/code]That should work smile
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Adding Sound - 05/28/2003 9:58 AM
I'm testing it on my board, but no one is online so I won't find out if it works (wishes he could PM himself)
Posted By: Bob Ferguson Re: Adding Sound - 05/29/2003 3:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Brett:
In public_common.pl
[code][/code]That should work smile
I'm running UBB.Classic v6.4.0 and can't find document.writeln(">$pmnote_one " + haspms + " $pmnote_two<" + "/" + "a>"); in my public_common.pl file. confused
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Adding Sound - 05/29/2003 3:57 AM
That's cause it's a new feature in 6.5, it notifies you with a gif if you have a PM
Posted By: Bob Ferguson Re: Adding Sound - 05/29/2003 4:00 AM
Are you saying I can't use it in v6.4.0? confused
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Adding Sound - 05/29/2003 4:33 AM
well you can't do it this way, I bet someone could make a hack for it, or you could upgrade to 6.5 smile
Posted By: Brett Re: Adding Sound - 05/29/2003 1:49 PM
Your using Jordo's PM Notification, i'm assuming. In that case, search for the javascript you entered into public_common.pl. Probably along the lines of searching for this:
[code][/code]Well, about 3~ lines down add the code i gave above after the '} else {' line.
Posted By: Bob Ferguson Re: Adding Sound - 05/30/2003 3:42 AM
I'm using your progie - PM Folders [ 6.4.x ]. The only thing I can find in public_common.pl that is even close, is the following:

[code][/code]=================================================

Any suggestions? confused
Posted By: Brett Re: Adding Sound - 05/30/2003 8:56 AM
Because your using 6.4, there's no way to alert users outside the PM Folders, such as the forum summary etc... Unless that's what you want to do?

To do it in the PM Folders, here's what to do:
open ubb_folders.cgi
[code][/code]If your wanting it on the forum summary, then you'll need to install the PM Notification Hack(click here for it) . And then you can modify it exactly as i mentioned above with the javascripts.
© UBB.Developers