UBB.Dev
Posted By: aalhait Favorites and Last Posts (SSI) hack - 06/07/2003 3:19 AM
Has anybody thought of porting the UBB5.45 Favorites hack to 6.5?

Also does anybody know if it's possible to display the last posts in a short list using an SSI call? There was a hack like that for v5.45 also.

Thanks guys,

-AJ
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Favorites and Last Posts (SSI) hack - 06/07/2003 5:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by aalhait:
Also does anybody know if it's possible to display the last posts in a short list using an SSI call? There was a hack like that for v5.45 also.

Thanks guys,

-AJ
You talking about something like the Latest Posts table on the right over there? ->

If so, it's built in to 6.5. Go into your cp, click "Additional Settings", then Content Islands. That'll allow you to show last posts, even who's online on the board on another page smile
i coded a lil bookmarks/favourite-hack for ubb5 based on the pm-hack and maybe i'll find the time to develop a new favourite/bookmark-hack for 6.5 but first i need some bugfixing on my bbs and i have to get into patching 6.x again, it's so completely different to ubb5 :-/
Posted By: PianoWorld Re: Favorites and Last Posts (SSI) hack - 08/05/2003 6:12 PM
Has anyone managed to create the Favorites/Bookmarks feature for 6.5 yet?

I have members asking for it.
We have over 120,000 posts and growing, so it's pretty hard to keep track of favorites now.

Thanks,

Frank B.
Piano World
http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
© UBB.Developers