UBB.Dev
Posted By: Hank Modules. - 07/15/2002 6:21 PM
Hi.
I was wondering whether this UBBPortal is going to require installation of certain modules onto the server.

I have looked at other 'portals' and discovered they are quite complex to install. I need telnet etc.. which is not my idea of fun.

Tar muchly.
thumbsup
Posted By: RandyM Re: Modules. - 07/15/2002 8:32 PM
The Portal should be able to run if the UBB runs. The question has come up about PHP vs. Perl and since PHP is optional (the accelerator) we have to be concerned about the availabilty of PHP on the users server.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Modules. - 07/15/2002 10:33 PM
The base system will run on the same platform the UBB requires as a base - stock Perl 5.00404.

Certain additional, optional featires (i.e. content syndication) would require additional modules.
Posted By: Hank Re: Modules. - 07/15/2002 10:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
The base system will run on the same platform the UBB requires as a base - stock Perl 5.00404.

Certain additional, optional featires (i.e. content syndication) would require additional modules.

Thanx for the reply. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but to install the additional modules I would need to get in contact with my server company right? Or is it done via Telnet?
(Kinda of new to this so bear with me)

Tar.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Modules. - 07/15/2002 10:56 PM
You could install modules locally if you have a command prompt, but it's always easiest for your host to install them on the server.
Posted By: Hank Re: Modules. - 07/15/2002 11:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
You could install modules locally if you have a command prompt, but it's always easiest for your host to install them on the server.

Thankyou for your prompt reply.
Posted By: RandyM Re: Modules. - 07/16/2002 3:22 AM
Charles is the keeper of the knowledge here, and a nice guy to have around.
© UBB.Developers