UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gladius Quick Reply box & text colour change - 07/19/2004 1:20 PM
Can someone please point me to where UBB keeps the quicky reply box code? I need to change the background colour (and text inside the box) to something other than white. On a board with darker background colour, the white really hits the eyes hard every time you scroll to the bottom of the page.

Anyway, I think that editing the style of the Quick Reply box should be in the CP under Styles... it makes sense. Something to add in the future release.
Posted By: Cho Phoo Re: Quick Reply box & text colour change - 07/19/2004 3:30 PM
In your public_topic_page.pl file.
-------------
FIND
-------------
Code
document.write('<form name="replier" method="post" 
My Quick Reply Box

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gladius Re: Quick Reply box & text colour change - 07/19/2004 4:45 PM
I think this is it in 6.7.1:

as I can't find your line in the code. Anyway, I thought it'd be pretty obvious how to change the background/text colour inside, but whatever I do, it doesn't seem to work. Help please...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Quick Reply box & text colour change - 07/19/2004 5:00 PM
hmmm.. that could probably be termed a bug, if it doesn't inherit styles from the forum.
Posted By: LK Re: Quick Reply box & text colour change - 07/19/2004 5:20 PM
Try:
Find:
Code
<textarea name="message" rows="10" cols="50" wrap="virtual"></textarea>
Replace with:
Code
<textarea name="message" rows="10" cols="50" wrap="virtual" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; background-color: #111111; color: #EEEEEE;"></textarea>
change #111111 to the background color and #EEEEEE to the text color.
If you want it to have a background image, try to add to the 'style':
Code
Posted By: Gladius Re: Quick Reply box & text colour change - 07/19/2004 6:37 PM
Thanks LK, you're a gem. Works like a charm. As far as I'm concerned, a mod can rename this one and move it into finished hacks, I'm sure it'll come in handy to other people.
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Quick Reply box & text colour change - 07/19/2004 7:34 PM
ahem,

Code
<style type="text/css">
textarea {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
background-color: #111111;
color: #EEEEEE;
}
</style>
would allow you to not edit templates, allowing you to still recieve support from Infopop
Posted By: Gladius Re: Quick Reply box & text colour change - 07/19/2004 8:04 PM
Which would be helpful, had I not 3 or 4 other hacks in public_topic_page.pl alone already. laugh
© UBB.Developers