UBB.Dev
Posted By: RoxSeibert wish I had a password reset in CP - 08/09/2004 8:41 PM
this might just be useful to me because of extenuating security circumstances... but I sure do wish there was a mod for adding a link in CP to reset password on a profile when viewing member records. The idea being that reset action would put a new system generated password on the account, and maybe optionally send either the standard password request message to the email addy or a new wordlet message for password reset.

fwiw - I need such a thing because I want to change passwords on a bunch of old dormant accounts and it's a daunting number of member records to do by hand in directly in the members directory cgi files frown
Posted By: Ron M Re: wish I had a password reset in CP - 08/09/2004 9:33 PM
Take a peek at https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/33/140.html#000000

That might be useful.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: wish I had a password reset in CP - 08/09/2004 11:49 PM
Sub, I'm running that on my site, works great for veiwing passwords. I believe Ian Spence is the one who edited my board to allow me to change passwords from the same screen however i don't know if he made the mod public or not...
Posted By: RoxSeibert Re: wish I had a password reset in CP - 08/10/2004 7:45 AM
thanks... i wasnt really worried about viewing passwords and would much rather just have a password reset mechanism. but if this mod would also make passwords editable that would still be a big help.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: wish I had a password reset in CP - 08/10/2004 5:31 PM
This mod directly will make it so you can view the passwords only; there was an addon for 6.4/6.5 by ian which allowed password editing through a slightly modded version of this code... Guess we have to wait on ian to port that wink
© UBB.Developers