UBB.Dev
Posted By: Felix 10 Zodiac Signs - 12/30/2004 8:00 AM
I want to relate a sign to each month, so when you pick a month at the registration page it will automatically put a sign beside the members public name.
Is that hard to do? I am not that advanced yet.

It has to start at the public_register_form.pl somewhere?

Thans,
Felix
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Zodiac Signs - 12/30/2004 5:14 PM
You may want to keep in mind that some people's religon's are against zodiac sign's (you may want to think of a differant type as you could, unknowingly, run off a few of your memberbase)...
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: Zodiac Signs - 12/30/2004 6:13 PM
I dont know why would signs be related to religion. Easter civilizations have them, as much as the Western ones regardless of religion. And readings about Signs doesnt necessary makes you a religious individual.

Furthermore, I dont think other religions are 'against' zodiac signs, they just dont aknowledge nor value them, but being 'against' a Zodiac closelly sounds like 'against' other religions.

Nevertheless we are all Christians in my forum, but we show no offense nor ignorance against other religions.

Was that all you could comment/help in this matter?
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Zodiac Signs - 12/30/2004 7:44 PM
look at the gender hack, or the flag hack, and edit it
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Zodiac Signs - 12/30/2004 8:48 PM
I was just providing that Zodiac signs are tied in with Astrology which a lot of religons are against (bible thumpers, gotta love 'em).

And as Ian said, Gender hack is a good one to base this off of, but the stock version users would need to select an option; you'd need to mod it to change based on the month in question.
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: Zodiac Signs - 12/31/2004 9:24 AM
Originally posted by Ian Spence:

look at the gender hack, or the flag hack, and edit it
I will, mean time I am getting the flags done first so I can learn. there a question for you there
https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/33/135/3.html?

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Gizzy, thanks for your concern smile

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY, and Peace on Earth [Linked Image]

Felix
© UBB.Developers