UBB.Dev
Posted By: BetaBoy LMK what you think...Comments welcome! - 10/25/2000 6:27 PM
I just put up this board yesterday. I am knda new to the UBB scene but from what I can tell from UBBDev .. I made the right choice with UBB!

MyDivX ;-) Forums

LMK if anyone comes across any bugs.

Thanx for looking
BB

This message has been edited by BetaBoy on October 25, 2000 at 11:29 AM
Posted By: Alien Re: LMK what you think...Comments welcome! - 10/26/2000 2:17 AM
Your page doesn't load properly on my end.

It loads, then immediatly goes to all white and can't see anything (the page is drawn, but can only be seen by clicking and dragging across the page as if I was going to copy/paste). [Linked Image]

That's the first time I've ever seen a webpage do that?

------------------
Visit Alien Soup Forums
http://www.aliensoup.com/cgi-bin/forums/Ultimate.cgi
Posted By: Alien Re: LMK what you think...Comments welcome! - 10/26/2000 2:19 AM
It works in Netscape 4.7x, but not in my IE 5.01...

------------------
Visit Alien Soup Forums
http://www.aliensoup.com/cgi-bin/forums/Ultimate.cgi
Posted By: BetaBoy Re: LMK what you think...Comments welcome! - 10/26/2000 3:30 AM
Thats wierd... The server was choking earlier.. All is ok now.. Never seen that before.

It also might be the footer /header for the 2 panel split... I might have smudged it a bit.. i'm a html newbie.

If ya get a chance "Alien" can you check my original 2 panel split w/o the UBB and tell me if something in there would cause what happened earlier? Here is the link to the original.

original 2 panel split

Thanx
BB
Posted By: BetaBoy Re: LMK what you think...Comments welcome! - 10/26/2000 6:48 AM
Here is the test link as Alien points out some people are having a problem looking at the page...

Any advise to clean up the code and make it more compatible would be appreciated.

BB

This message has been edited by BetaBoy on November 12, 2000 at 02:54 PM
Posted By: BetaBoy Re: LMK what you think...Comments welcome! - 10/26/2000 2:32 PM
I am having trouble replicating the errors people are having. I have loaded on 3 machines 6 different web browsers IE 4.01, IE 5.01, IE 5.5 Netscape Nav 4.08, Netscape Comm 4.78, and mozilla build 18. The only one I am having trouble with is Mozilla. It loos as if it does not like the IFrame reference in my java ad banner and splits the top header like a framed windows.

BTW Thanx for all the PM's with everyone's help.
Posted By: BetaBoy Re: LMK what you think...Comments welcome! - 10/26/2000 6:53 PM
LMK if anyone comes across the problems I had earlier. I think I found the problem.

http://www.mydivx.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

Thanx

BB
Posted By: CE Re: LMK what you think...Comments welcome! - 10/28/2000 1:47 AM
nice board, keep up the good work, looks fine to me

------------------

My Freeware Board
Posted By: BetaBoy Re: LMK what you think...Comments welcome! - 10/28/2000 4:57 AM
Thx.. I had an issue with CSS with would push the frames out when the forums were inserted between the header/footer. But thanx to some of the folks here at UBBDev I was able to resolve the issues.

BB
Posted By: Flare945 Re: LMK what you think...Comments welcome! - 11/02/2000 10:37 PM
that is phat!

how did you get the red bar on the right? I WANT THAT.
Posted By: empire Re: LMK what you think...Comments welcome! - 11/03/2000 12:12 AM
thats a great board beta, good job.

flare-
the red scrollbar is an IE only thing, but I'll tell you how to do it.

in your style sheet, just add the following lines to the body selector.

Code
code:

again. not standard. and you obviously don't want to use white for all the colors. but thats the idea.

------------------
-david
Who's in bunker, who's in bunker?
Women and children first
Women and children first www.antipopculture.org
Posted By: BetaBoy Re: LMK what you think...Comments welcome! - 11/06/2000 3:38 AM
Thanx... Still have a cookie problem though. Gonna backtrack on the hacks and see which one is causing the corruption.

BB
© UBB.Developers