UBB.Dev
Posted By: Jamin Redesigned Se7enet.com site! Comments? - 06/18/2001 5:52 AM
I've been working really hard for the last several weeks going through a complete redesign of my Se7enet.com site. I finally released it to the public tonight.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions you've got. And if you feel like signing up, I wouldn't mind... wink

Thanks much!

---Skorpion
very nice! i like!
Its pretty cool Skorp.

The blue font thing is a little to sqished make it smaller so It's more readable. Other than that looks good. Maybe ditch that grey since many people use grey.
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Redesigned Se7enet.com site! Comments? - 06/18/2001 9:31 AM
Ahhh, that's much better than the last one. The last header was far too bulky, but I didn't want to say anything back then. smile One complaint I have (because I always complain) is that the font you chose for your forum names doesn't flow with your logo or nav text. And a small nitpicky thing is that in Opera, your nav menu aligns left, and hover text doesn't show. In IE, it looks fine, aligned right and hover text below the images.
looks goos!
Posted By: Jamin Re: Redesigned Se7enet.com site! Comments? - 06/18/2001 5:17 PM
I'm glad you think it looks goos, JM! tipsy

Matt: For the forum links, I needed a font that looked good with as little anti-aliasing as possible, so it could be transparent and not look bad with the cell rollovers. Arial, as used in the logo, just didn't work very well. The logo was something I threw together rather quickly, mostly as a placeholder, because I had the actual hacks/coding done and wanted to upload them. I will be working harder on a logo or the forum images to make them match better within a couple days. And I was unable to do nearly as much cross-browser testing as I usually do, because I had to format last week and I'm stuck on dial-up and haven't felt like waiting for a half dozen browser downloads... I've got a CD that has several of them somewhere or another, so as soon as I can find it, I'll install them and test and fix. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: The Donut Re: Redesigned Se7enet.com site! Comments? - 06/21/2001 7:27 AM
Veeeeeery nice.. *gets a mop to clean up the drool*

I especially like the way you did the forum names. The colors of the forum graphics with new posts that is.
Posted By: Techguy Re: Redesigned Se7enet.com site! Comments? - 06/22/2001 12:18 AM
looks nice laugh
a suggestion to you however: avoid using flash on the homepage smile
Posted By: Jamin Re: Redesigned Se7enet.com site! Comments? - 06/22/2001 2:09 AM
The flash intro page is being removed and moved into my Artworx forum as soon as I make the new index page with the finalized logo and navigation graphics, and add the SSI pulls for Who's Online and UBB News. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Redesigned Se7enet.com site! Comments? - 06/22/2001 11:48 AM
Thats cool, One of the best forums I've seen is yours keep up the good work Skorp.
© UBB.Developers