UBB.Dev
Posted By: Travis My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/30/2001 3:09 AM
Ever since I heard of UBB 6.1.0 was "just around the corner", I promised myself that this time I would change my forums, to be quicker loading and Netscape users wont have problems with my boards.

Well UBB 6.1 came out (finally!) and I did what I promised myself I would do. So I did what Skorpion, Bookie, and I think a few others were *trying* to do. Which was seperate tables for the UBB. It looks pretty good, and seems to be quicker loading, even though Skorpion said it may add a little bit on the overall loading time. Also I've seen Skorpion said it was ok to do seperate tables, so I hope he doesn't get mad for me using it. laugh

I really hope no one thinks I copied them, since that wasn't what I was trying to do, (even though I think I failed at it), but I'm not going to take credit for the seperate tables, that was all Skorpions idea, and the topics, posts, and all that on the category bar, (which I have had for quite a while), but I *believe* Bookie has this too. Well I'm not sure where he got the idea for it, but I got mine from Ikonboard 3. smile

Ok, so thats enough rambling for now smile. So without further adeu, heres my site:

http://www.zeldaglitches.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

Any comments (Postive/Negative) are welcome. I plan on doing more with it, when I get some ideas. Right now, I'm pretty much out of ideas, but maybe some of you can offer me some! laugh

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: Travis ]
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/30/2001 3:31 AM
I like it alot. It still looks pretty close to what it used to be, but I like this better. I would be doing what you're doing, but I am waiting till it's out of beta.
Posted By: Jamin Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/30/2001 3:40 AM
On forum_summary, the width of the category strip cells and the width of the actual forum row cells aren't exactly the same, so they look a little off-balanced.

The other thing that I personally don't like is that your cell rollover bgcolors are too contrasted. IMHO, cell rollovers are meant to highlight, so I suggest making the colors only slightly different. On forum_page, it isn't so obvious because there's only one cell per row with a rollover. But on forum_summary, having the colors flip-flop like you do just looks confusing to me.

Oh, and the link text rollover color is also not very visible when the cell is in it's onmouseover state for forum_page.

Other than that, it looks great! I really love your scrollbar style, too... As always, great colors, etc. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: Travis Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/30/2001 3:52 AM
quote:

Not sure about this one. Are you in netscape? I still have quite a few things to do in netscape, if that is the case. But if you ARE in IE, im not sure I get what u mean, because they look exactly the right size on mine..

But I will try what u said for everything else. smile
Posted By: Travis Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/30/2001 3:55 AM
Just checked it out at 1024 x 768 and it was slightly off. I'll work on that as well. smile
Posted By: Jamin Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/30/2001 5:17 AM
IE6 @ 1280x1024/32bpp.

smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/30/2001 10:16 AM
Looks great, Just a tip you know where you have the background break between each of your forum lists you need to put a line going down not just across it should look better. smile
Posted By: ertram Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/30/2001 8:04 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
my eyes laugh
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/30/2001 10:05 PM
quote:
Did you get something in thme again?
wink
Posted By: Bookie Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/30/2001 10:22 PM
Looks Great smile

I'm NOT working a new template for my 6.1 board.. so... dont even comment on me, because of course this isnt my thread.

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: Bookie - ]
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/30/2001 11:52 PM
quote:

Can't wait to see that!
laugh
Posted By: Travis Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/31/2001 12:03 AM
Hey now. This is my thread, Bookie get your own thread, you're making me look bad! laugh
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/31/2001 12:23 AM
quote:
laugh LOL laugh
Posted By: Bookie Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/31/2001 12:45 AM
ahem... ill just have to fix that post up there..
Posted By: Travis Re: My UBB 6.1.0 Beta Board - 07/31/2001 12:49 AM
LOL laugh
© UBB.Developers