UBB.Dev
Posted By: Variables Flash header, how ya like it? - 01/26/2002 12:44 AM
There is also a tiny jukebox in it (1,2,3,)
http://www.cyberty.nl

or: http://www.cyberty.nl/cgi-bin/bin/ultimatebb.cgi

[ 01-27-2002 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Variables ]
Posted By: Bookie Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 01/26/2002 12:59 AM
Cool, I like the voice saying "profile" and stuff. Looks pretty good too, but the thing I don't like about is that it doesn't adjust to different resolution, which is a drawback in flash unless you cut it up into a bunch of different movies. None the less, good job!
Posted By: hektik Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 01/26/2002 1:26 AM
very nice,indeed but i think it'd get on my nerves afer a few days,i'd be like ok SHUT UP! laugh
Posted By: skia Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 01/26/2002 10:12 PM
haha yeah, but it's fun to play with. nice job.
Posted By: LK Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 01/26/2002 10:28 PM
1. I also like that sound, but maybe it should be played only in the FIRST time you hover it... Or when you click.

2. It makes my computer slow like hell, I also noticed you have a moving javascript below "PM Inbox". It's not really needed.

3. 6.1.0.3 is h4xx0rable.

4. I can't see any connection between that man with the sunglasses and the news fader.
Posted By: Variables Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 01/26/2002 10:54 PM
Thx for your feedback.

LK, what do you mean with; "3. 6.1.0.3 is h4xx0rable"?

Under the PM inbox was a swf flash not a javascript. I've removed it.
The man next to the newsfader has indeed nothing to do with the newsfader.

The speed of loading was in my mind when i make the flashmovie. So the movie itself is not bigger then an animated gif, but it uses the load/unload functions. It loads external swf files in the mainmovie without slowing down the loadingtime.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 01/27/2002 2:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Variables:

LK, what do you mean with; "3. 6.1.0.3 is h4xx0rable"?

6.1.0.4 was released to patch some pretty serious security concerns found... you probably should upgrade soon.

Nice looking site
Posted By: LK Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 01/27/2002 2:05 PM
Oops, I meant flash.
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 01/29/2002 6:59 AM
Getting lots of errors tryin to visit your site.
Posted By: Variables Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 01/29/2002 2:23 PM
It's alright Tech, the sysops were moving the DNS back by mistake. It's working now. wink
Posted By: Shinju Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 02/04/2002 3:52 AM
I am partialy color blind and so that means I can't see any of the links till i do a mouse over on them. The color of the fade and the color of the link is too similar.

I'm sure this is a pretty rare problem but just figured i'd let ya know.
Posted By: Variables Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 02/04/2002 2:10 PM
Ow.. shinju we are working on this problem. Our developers are going to make a voice recognition system that moves your cursor on the fly to a specific link when you say (as an example) "register"

Not only you will be registered without doing anything, you will be banned after that with the same command. laugh
Posted By: LK Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 02/04/2002 2:25 PM
Nooooo, no more flashes! shocked

It takes too long to load anyhow, it slows down my computer like hell anyhow. Just change the colors, don't add voices.

BTW, I think the site should be checked in colorless monitor settings. It doesn't only affect color-blind people, it makes it harder to read for not color-blind people.
Posted By: Variables Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 02/04/2002 3:56 PM
I take your feedback very serious LK. We're going to install 6.2 final (wasn't it the 18th?) and all the content will be changed. wink
Posted By: Hagar Re: Flash header, how ya like it? - 02/04/2002 4:17 PM
How do you shut down that ******* music mad
But the rest is good tipsy
© UBB.Developers