UBB.Dev
Posted By: hektik MxPx's UBB *updated* - 01/29/2002 7:41 PM
This was made by my friend and I.
I'd like to say thanks to everyone here at UBBDEV and at ubbdesign for all they do to make "modifing" a ubb fun...

It's the official message board for a christian band called MxPx from washington state laugh

The Official MxPx Message Board

thanks for any comments or suggestions you may have.

thanks again
-hektik
Posted By: RandyM Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 01/29/2002 9:29 PM
It looks good, the angled gradients look awful familiar.
Posted By: hektik Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 01/29/2002 9:52 PM
yea,thanks for that idea,atleast we made it alittle different but once again,thanks for that idea laugh
Posted By: hektik Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 01/29/2002 9:57 PM
oh and no worries i'll be adding a thank you page for the people who made the hacks,bookie for the graphics ideas and people for design ideas like yourself. laugh well whenever i get some free time frown
Posted By: Stilgar Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 01/29/2002 10:05 PM
Very nice looking. Good colors and use of them.

The only thing I think I'd change is the angled part of the Header Cells. I'd make them all the same size. This would make the Header Cells look more uniform and a bit more clean.

Overall good job!
Posted By: hektik Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 01/29/2002 10:09 PM
thanks for the suggestion laugh
Posted By: LK Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 01/29/2002 10:13 PM
I don't know how you did it, but this site made my computer slow like hell. I think I'm the only one in UBBDev that cares about it, but I'm sure regular posters of slow boards might find it VERY annoying. Especially when it slows down the comptuer and not just loads slowly.
Posted By: hektik Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 01/29/2002 10:18 PM
actually it's my server ,for the past 3 weeks or so we've been having hosting problems,we're currently tryin to work it to make it move alittle more smooth and quick,thats if my host knows whats good for em laugh ,trust me i know its slow like hell.sorry
Posted By: LK Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 01/30/2002 3:55 PM
No, it's not your server. It finsihes loading quickly, and THEN it becomes slow. If the problem was in the server, it would just load slowly.
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 01/30/2002 4:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by hektik:
christian band called MxPx

They used to be a Christian group, back when their early stuff came out (read: Pokinatcha).

Old lyrics:
never forget his Son the
sacrifice now i owe him
my life give your life to
God come into his light

New lyrics:
Well this is true I miss you
And this is true I've got to see you, I've got to see you
Well I know we're both so busy
And I know that you're driving me crazy, you drive me crazy
Posted By: hektik Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 01/30/2002 7:34 PM
LK: Sorry,bout that,i have actually no clue what that problem could be.
Anybody have any ideas? and does anybody else have this problem? frown frown

Matt: yea,i know,they are more considered now "christians in a band" rather then a "christian band" does that make sense?

smile
Posted By: The Mic Enforcer Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 01/31/2002 1:03 AM
it looks graet, how did yo uadded these gradient bars on each post table?
Posted By: Mijae.2756 Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 02/01/2002 1:28 AM
It looks good, but it made my pc a little slow...
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 02/01/2002 8:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by hektik:
Matt: yea,i know,they are more considered now "christians in a band" rather then a "christian band" does that make sense?

Yeah, but I heard they were swearing at the crowd when they played here in Tucson ~ a year ago or so.
Posted By: hektik Re: MxPx's UBB *updated* - 02/01/2002 10:13 AM
Matt: Well,i don't "think" they did but i wasn't there but i do know that we keep swearing outta the forum and chatroom,we even have the drummer (yuri) as a mod,not that he knows what he is doing laugh

...as for the the slow pc's,well we're tryin to fix that but we're not to sure on the problem,sorry.The person that does alot of the coding is leaving for awhile so i hope i don't run into many problems or else i'll be stuck frown

also we changed the graphics around alittle,whatcha all think of the new look? and you think a green background would look better then the blue that we have? Link to see the board with a green background smile
© UBB.Developers