UBB.Dev
Posted By: AllenAyres Longhorn Screenshots - 05/16/2005 9:53 PM
pretty...

Yes, it looks sorta 'mac-ish' but it's still pretty cool
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Longhorn Screenshots - 05/17/2005 6:36 AM
ugh, I hate the way they changed the start menu

it also kinda looks like they'll be styling it with CSS. a couple easy declarations and that control panel is exactly the one we have in XP
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Longhorn Screenshots - 05/17/2005 10:44 AM
I love allen's comment about it looking "macish" as both mac and M$ stole the gui idealism from other companies in the first place wink ...

I think they're workin on making windows look too girlie and user friendly (eyecandy); what about features? Anything *new*?
Posted By: LK Re: Longhorn Screenshots - 05/17/2005 8:21 PM
Last I checked, they made LH too user friendly as Gizzy said, that many things were unusable for me. For example when I use My Computer and I'm done browsing I usually turn it into Internet Explorer, now with the eyecandy address list instead of the regular address bar it's much harder to type in "www.ubbdev.com".

But no matter what Microsoft does I'm going to upgrade, I don't have much choice smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Longhorn Screenshots - 05/18/2005 2:44 AM
At least WinXP gave us the ability to use the Win98 GUI; thank god... I just hope this ability is retained in LH...
Posted By: LK Re: Longhorn Screenshots - 05/18/2005 1:57 PM
My favorite Visual Style is Royale laugh
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Longhorn Screenshots - 05/19/2005 12:26 AM
any ss? i dont wanna install... Is it the purple theme like Trillian has?
Posted By: LK Re: Longhorn Screenshots - 05/19/2005 11:04 PM
https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/upload/00004463/xp-royale-2.png smile (taken from Google Images)
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Longhorn Screenshots - 05/20/2005 2:11 AM
Too, flamboyent for my tastes... I like nice and mellow hehe...
Posted By: tackaberry Re: Longhorn Screenshots - 05/23/2005 4:56 PM
quote:

Yes, it looks sorta 'mac-ish' but it's still pretty cool
As a Mac user, I'd say it looks just like XP to me. The closest thing I've seen to the Mac interface is Gnome. In anycase, *if* it comes out in 2006, then work will not migrate to Longhorn until at least 2010 tipsy
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Longhorn Screenshots - 05/25/2005 7:28 AM
at least, I forget sometimes that xp is >4 years old already too
Posted By: John Re: Longhorn Screenshots - 08/04/2005 4:36 PM
Originally posted by AllenAyres:

at least, I forget sometimes that xp is >4 years old already too
Right!

Hopefully Vista (LH) will have the 'classic' start menu option, as well as the option to turn styling back to the old school look.

I can say one thing: at least XP doesn't crash the way 95/98 used to. It's like a different world between the OSes.

I read a statistic somewhere that around 65% of all corporate machines are still running Win98... that's a lot of $ in upgrading to be done, seems like M$ might have a multiyear delay in revenues for their products, lol.
© UBB.Developers