UBB.Dev
Posted By: twslex Leaving - 12/07/2005 12:53 AM
Hi All,

This is just to inform u all that as of januari 1st 2006 i won't be doing any ubb anymore.

Due to new regulations in my country it would be nearly impossible to run an international forum any more.

Had some great times over here and i will thank everyone who has helped in the past.

Stay as long as u wish i would say.

Frankie say: we move to a new country.
Posted By: usr bin geek Re: Leaving - 12/07/2005 1:11 AM
That sucks. sorry to see you go!

Out of curiosity what are the new regulations?
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Leaving - 12/07/2005 2:54 AM
Everyones leaving us frown ; at least you have a valid excuse smirk... We wish you good luck!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Leaving - 12/07/2005 3:05 AM
Good luck, we're glad you have been a part of the community smile
Posted By: twslex Re: Leaving - 12/07/2005 8:55 AM
Originally posted by usr bin geek:

That sucks. sorry to see you go!

Out of curiosity what are the new regulations?
in case of a legal battle i have to produce the personal details of the people involved in the topic, home address and so on.

as u can understand, i'm not willing to do so.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Leaving - 12/08/2005 3:44 AM
Wait wait... so they actually expect you to gather that information? Isn't the IP address enough?
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Leaving - 12/08/2005 3:56 AM
Originally posted by Charles Capps:

Wait wait... so they actually expect you to gather that information? Isn't the IP address enough?
That's what I'm gathing the EU is trying to do; I find it pretty harsh...
Posted By: LK Re: Leaving - 12/08/2005 7:34 PM
frown I hope everything will work out for you...
Posted By: twslex Re: Leaving - 12/09/2005 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Charles Capps:

The actual court case was between a collecter of stamps and lycos.

Someone had posted on a space owned by lycos that the collector was a fraud and should not to be trusted.

The collector wants to start a law suite against that poster so lycos had to come up with the identity of the poster. The law suite started in 2003 and has resently been confirmed by the highest court in the netherlands. Lycos has now handed over the identity of the poster to the police.

In case of an ip address, u have to be sure that no anonymous proxy has been used.

Another law suite in the past, the user had used an anonymous proxy. The anonymous proxy owner had to deliver the details of the user. He could do it because the user had used his credit card to pay the anonymous proxy owner (this was an anonymous proxy in the u.s.).
If it would have been an free anonymous proxy the proxy owner would then have to pay the damage.

All the information regarding internet traffic now has to be available for 6 months.

All the topics, even corrected or deleted information has to be save for at least 6 months (according to new regulations).

The extra equipment needed for this will be paid for by the goverment.

Strange ways to move frown
© UBB.Developers