UBB.Dev
Posted By: Datal Welcome back Dev Site :) - 03/08/2002 3:37 AM
We are glad your back Allen... was beging to miss you...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Welcome back Dev Site :) - 03/09/2002 1:32 AM
Was beginning to wonder if we were gonna make it back []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

We're on a new server now... everything should be running pretty well in the next couple weeks back to semi-normal []/forum/images/icons/wink.gif[/]
Posted By: Datal Re: Welcome back Dev Site :) - 03/09/2002 5:07 AM
well at least your not having the issues I am having with my site... PHP 4.0.1 is having issues with Apache and/or MySQL... admin is working on maybe moving the entire server well rebuilding it with the newer version of everything...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Welcome back Dev Site :) - 03/09/2002 9:11 AM
that's pretty much what happened here and why it took the server so long to come back online []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/] Updating to the latest php broke a few things []/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/]
Posted By: Datal Re: Welcome back Dev Site :) - 03/09/2002 10:07 AM
Grrrrr---eat.... Ohh well... was the problem you where having like Page Not Respond DNS error?
Posted By: navaho Re: Welcome back Dev Site :) - 03/09/2002 10:05 PM
The problem was that this server uses the Plesk control panel. Updating PHP broke Plesk and wouldn't allow Apache to start. It would segfault in startup. Restoring the backed up PHP didn't work either.

Turned out after much research we found that the Plesk RPM install was buggy and of course we were using the RPM install []/forum/images/icons/frown.gif[/] We rebuilt the server from scratch, used the Plesk tar.gz install and it worked like magic. Updating PHP took about 3 minutes, worked fine and so here we are []/forum/images/icons/laugh.gif[/]

The long time delay was doing the research to find out what broke Plesk and how to fix it.

My recommendation to anyone considering Plesk... DO NOT use the RPM install.
© UBB.Developers