UBB.Dev
Posted By: Ian_W 'Borrowing' from hotel rooms? - 08/28/2003 8:47 PM
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has 'borrowed' anything from a hotel room - or perhaps you know of a (cough) friend who has 'borrowed' something?

Posted By: msula Re: 'Borrowing' from hotel rooms? - 08/28/2003 9:05 PM
I borrowed a towel at a hotel in France last year Since I was literally living out of a backpack for 2 months in europe, a fresh clean towel was VERY nice after about 6 weeks
Posted By: slayer60 Re: 'Borrowing' from hotel rooms? - 08/28/2003 9:17 PM
How much did it cost you to backpack through Europe for 2 months?
Posted By: slayer60 Re: 'Borrowing' from hotel rooms? - 08/28/2003 9:18 PM
I haven't ever "borrowed" anything from a hotel...but I'm still young.
Posted By: msula Re: 'Borrowing' from hotel rooms? - 08/28/2003 9:57 PM
[]slayer60 said:
How much did it cost you to backpack through Europe for 2 months? [/]

Oh my.. let me think. $600 in round trip airfare (shortly after sept. 11th, so it was pretty cheap).

Then part of my hotel stays were paid for in advance by our group, so that saved a bit. But a night in a hotel in larger cities could go anywhere from 15-100 US dollars. Stayed with an old man in Scotland for about 4 days, that was nearly free Stayed with an old woman in Barcelona for over a week, another cheap one...

Shacked up at some really dumpy apartment/hostel in amsterdam that was right above a dirty club.. extremely cheap..

Then factor in all of your food and travel, and whoo boy, it adds up! I think the total came to between 4 and 5 thousand dollars. But washing my same 3 pair of clothes in a hotel or any sink/bathtub I could find got real old.. so hotel items like a clean towel, soap, shampoo, instant coffee, etc... made things a little easier

Posted By: JoshPet Re: 'Borrowing' from hotel rooms? - 08/29/2003 8:10 AM
I've never stolen anything like a towel or a lamp or TV LOL but I've stocked up on soaps and shampoos and even kleenex.

I went on the Disney Cruise once.... and liked the hand lotion they gave out a great deal... and so did some friends of ours who we were traveling with. Well, one night before dinner - the cabin steward left the cart unattended in the hall.

I pigged out on handfulls of those chocolate bedtime mints. And we grabbed a bunch of the hand lotion.... and put it at their place at the dinner table that night. LOL

Then another time... I went on a cruise and my friends parents were traveling with us. And before leaving the lady had STOCKED her makeup case with Soaps. Like 50 bars (I think she found an unattended cart too

Then she made her husband carry it for her. Well her husband and I both got picked for extra security screening at the airport. And the guy opened the makeup cass and like 50 bars of soap dumped out all over. He was so embarassed... and mad at her for making him carry it.
Posted By: shortbus Re: 'Borrowing' from hotel rooms? - 08/29/2003 11:06 AM
Hey fellas,

My whole bedroom suit is courtesy of comfort inn. All you gotta do is NOT speak english, get up early, and act like you work there.

How the heck do you think I got that pool in my backyard. Shoot, I can't afford to buy a pool. You just wait til everyone's asleep, and bang!!!!!

okay, that's all bull$#!+., but I have thought about nabbin a pool.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: 'Borrowing' from hotel rooms? - 09/02/2003 8:49 PM
Towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap, and showercaps.
© UBB.Developers