UBB.Dev
Posted By: Turbosport End of Threads ? - 01/24/2005 10:04 PM
So are we seeing the end of threads?

Dosnt seem to be much interest any more, regulars are quiet, Christmas was the last update of the frontpage here, security holes falling out the code like no tommorow, other board software have more features, support for different databases, an open code development platform etc etc.

I do hope not as I have invested a lot of time in my threads board and it will be a nightmare moving it accross to new software.

Anyone feel the same or is it just me ?
Posted By: Pink Jazz Re: End of Threads ? - 01/25/2005 12:01 AM
[]Turbosport said:
So are we seeing the end of threads?

Dosnt seem to be much interest any more, regulars are quiet, Christmas was the last update of the frontpage here, security holes falling out the code like no tommorow, other board software have more features, support for different databases, an open code development platform etc etc.

I do hope not as I have invested a lot of time in my threads board and it will be a nightmare moving it accross to new software.

Anyone feel the same or is it just me ? [/]

6.5.1 is currently in beta, and will hopefully be the last release. The goal of 6.5.1 is to get all the bugs tracked down.

After that, Infopop will turn its focus to their next generation product, combining the strengths of Classic and Threads.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: End of Threads ? - 01/25/2005 5:51 PM
Have some pointers to the security holes you were talking about? I haven't heard of any, at least none like the recent phpbb whopper, tho I've been kinda busy with a new wife and all

The front page hasn't been updated in the past 3 weeks because there's nothing to announce yet, unless we say something about not having that phpbb security doorway The site here and ubbdev is pretty slow because most are waiting on the pending release of the next-generation public-beta. Things will be hot and heavy again by summer Moving threads to the new software should be pretty pain-free.
Posted By: monkeyra Re: End of Threads ? - 01/29/2005 1:24 PM
I'm looking forward to the new software as threads is lacking in a few features, and desperatley needs a facelift.

But i'm not going to upgrade to the new one right away. And i'm also rather worried about all the hacks i've got installed, it's going to be a lot of work to make it anything like my site is.

time will tell!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: End of Threads ? - 01/30/2005 12:59 AM
hehe, time will tell. The Spring should be fun
Posted By: monkeyra Re: End of Threads ? - 01/30/2005 11:14 AM
Have any more details been released on this new product yet?
any screenshots?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: End of Threads ? - 01/30/2005 11:56 PM
No details or screenshots yet.. we should see something relatively soon tho, the beta wheels are turning
Posted By: AKD96 Re: End of Threads ? - 02/03/2005 6:13 AM
I think PinkJazz has some screenshots for you.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: End of Threads ? - 02/03/2005 7:42 AM
I'm selling screenshots that Pink Jazz gave me on ebay.
Posted By: Anno Re: End of Threads ? - 02/03/2005 11:10 AM
Link please
Posted By: Pink Jazz Re: End of Threads ? - 02/03/2005 3:25 PM
[]DLWebmaestro said:
I think PinkJazz has some screenshots for you. [/]

um, nice try
© UBB.Developers