UBB.Dev
Posted By: dparvin I have just banned someone - 05/06/2005 7:57 PM
First time I have had to do this.

I gave her 2 warnings first then she posted in the main chat thread about some other members and called us all some not very nice words! So she is gone.

Got me thinking though. How many times have you had to do this or come close?
Posted By: Medar Re: I have just banned someone - 05/06/2005 10:04 PM
In 5 years or so of WWWThreads?

3 times ironically. All three bans are still in place (IP and username).
Posted By: monkeyra Re: I have just banned someone - 05/07/2005 1:00 AM
hmmm, banning seems to come around in phases.
Must be the nature of my site! lol!
Haven't banned someone for quite a while now, apart from the odd one or two abusive people.
dont particuarly enjoy banning people, but sometimes you have to for the good of the site.
Posted By: Harold Re: I have just banned someone - 05/07/2005 4:15 AM
I've never banned anyone. I just delete 'em.

Actually, I don't have many problems. Just one troll that tries to sneak in and link spammers. Also had a nut that wanted to date one of my admins.

I also have the IP for anonymiser blocked at the server.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: I have just banned someone - 05/08/2005 4:09 AM
I currently have 43 banned members.
Posted By: ChAoS_dup1 Re: I have just banned someone - 05/18/2005 8:48 AM
being that a lot of my user base is based on violent fps games that tends to attract adolescents ......well

I think my ban list may exceed my userlist

all kidding aside I think I have about 20 perma bans in about 6 years.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: I have just banned someone - 05/18/2005 4:37 PM
I get a few kiddies who come around and think they're gonna post a lot and 'take over the board' I think they must have had success in the past on other sites, but I am fairly familiar with how to deal with them
Posted By: flint beat this - 05/18/2005 5:20 PM
5 years with w3t/UBBT ... 338 banned, out of 9.705.
We attract extreme people. Both lunatics, but also extremely friendly people

I had to file an official complaint only once in 7 years of existence, when some angry user, who had already been banned several times, claimed to have actually hired a hacker to bring down our domain, along with other threats.
I didn´t quite believe it, nethertheless I decided to take it serious, knowing that he was a mid twenty, ex military.
Cops payed him a visit, all quiet since then.

Highlight in 7 years of existence:
Someone posted pictures of himself pointing a real 9mm at a webcam, trying to look evil and threatening a moderator.

In germany gun possession is handled *very* strict (which I apprechiate), it´s hard to get a gun even for sports only, e.g. you have to carry it disassembled, when taking it to a shooting stand, etc.

That in mind, I found out his number, called him and told him to **** off and that I´ll have his place run down by cops and press charges if he´d ever show up again.
He was very quiet, I hung up, never heard of him again.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: beat this - 05/19/2005 4:40 PM
hehe, I haven't seen any guns at my site
© UBB.Developers