UBB.Dev
Posted By: Pink Jazz 2 So, is a UBB.classic revival in the works? - 08/08/2007 11:45 PM
I have looked through these forums, and found a post that stated that AllenAyres is in talks with Ted O'Neil to "open source" UBB.classic. While UBB.threads is the better solution for large communities, there will always be those who would prefer to stick to UBB.classic. It would be nice to see UBB.classic return, perhaps as free software.

Allen, has there been any words on this?
Got a link to that post? I remember writing about it but think someone else was taking the lead on it, I am not a strong code writer and it would need one to head the project up to patch security holes as they are found smile
Posted By: navaho Re: So, is a UBB.classic revival in the works? - 08/13/2007 8:13 PM
One word. No.

No revival for .classic is in the works.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: So, is a UBB.classic revival in the works? - 08/14/2007 12:09 AM
"UBB.Dev - We have the best rumors"
As it was never officially discussed with anyone that could/would make a decision that would be the answer there smile
Posted By: navaho Re: So, is a UBB.classic revival in the works? - 08/14/2007 8:58 PM
Well, that's not to say that it can't or won't happen. It certainly could, but there are no plans whatsoever in the works right now. It hasn't been discussed in ages.
It was discussed briefly last year by a group of us, but we never approached Ted about it - opting to wait oh - about a year smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: So, is a UBB.classic revival in the works? - 08/15/2007 1:41 AM
this?
nah, a different topic. Possibly in chit chat, or maybe a dev forum.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: So, is a UBB.classic revival in the works? - 08/17/2007 3:20 AM
I tried looking, but gave up after like 8 search terms returned nothing lol
© UBB.Developers