UBB.Dev
Posted By: AllenAyres Faster! Faster! - 04/23/2008 6:24 AM
Reading a semi-related article tonight about new technology in solar panels, I caught this little gem:

Thin films of graphene could provide a cheap replacement for the transparent, conductive indium tin oxide electrodes used in organic solar cells. They could also replace the silicon thin-film transistors common in display screens. Graphene can transport electrons tens of times faster than silicon, so graphene-based transistors could work faster and consume less power…

http://www.foresight.org/nanodot/?p=2719

In the labs right now, coming to a pc near you thumbsup
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Faster! Faster! - 04/23/2008 8:06 AM
I was reading some months ago about how solar panels work, and how currently they really only absorb several colors of light; and how in the future they plan to make the cells smaller and thinner with more layers in order to work to get more cells for other colors in the spectrum so that they can more efficiently produce electricity...

Rather caught my attention wink...

This article you link to sounds cool too, plan to read it when i get a second.

One thing I've also been reading about, which is what I think this goes toward, was that about a year ago I heard about how full wall televisions where a possibility within 5 years using a thinner cheaper technology which could transmit data at a higher yield to accommodate HD displays...

I think it'd be fun to have an 120" television mounted on a wall lol...
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Faster! Faster! - 04/23/2008 8:24 AM
120"!! I think my 50" is plenty big enough LOL
Posted By: sirdude Re: Faster! Faster! - 05/06/2008 11:05 PM
65" is the smallest i will allow anymore laugh
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Faster! Faster! - 05/06/2008 11:25 PM
My mom has a 64" LCOS; I have a tiny 34" CRT lol
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Faster! Faster! - 05/15/2008 12:13 AM
hmm... I'm looking at the new DLP projectors, too expensive right now tho.. maybe SuperBowl time smile
© UBB.Developers