UBB.Dev
Posted By: AllenAyres Olympics 2008 - 08/11/2008 9:10 PM
Who's watching? There's soooo much to see and not nearly enough hours in the day to see it all

If you're keeping up with the medal count (and why wouldn't you?), here's a good site to watch:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/olympics/2008/medals/tracker/

Right now the USA is ahead in medals, but China is kicking tail in Golds (6-3).

What's your favorite sport, event? And which do you wonder how in the world they make it as an Olympic sport when they plan to drop softball and baseball after this one?

I love the gymnastics and beach/indoor volleyball, the sprints are probably my favorite tho.

As for ??? sports? I scratch my head and hit 'fast-forward' when those people riding the prancing horses come on... why is that an Olympic sport?
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Olympics 2008 - 08/11/2008 10:40 PM
I am... Well, i was... my brother is staying with me, so i have 0 access to my dvr, in which case all of the swimming competitions are going to be overwitten today :shrug: can't wait till he moves out or buys his own tv...

Our family has a longtime passion with the swimmming events; my cousin was actually supposed to be in the running in 2000 but pulled his shoulder... a lifetime of training down the toilet due to a gym teacher who felt he didn't need to listen to the family's wishes to give him special requests as to not pull a muscle...

I generally watch all of the swimming, beach volleyball, and gymnastics
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Olympics 2008 - 08/11/2008 11:39 PM
Swimming is another favorite - did you watch the 400 Relay? Has to be the greatest 400 Relay ever - there were at least 5 teams under World Record times - and that American guy who caught the French guy in the last split second (sorry Chuck tipsy ).
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Olympics 2008 - 08/12/2008 2:07 AM
I caught the womens 400 but not the guys; still waiting for my brother to get off the tv so i can tune in the dvr... lol

I do really like austrailia in the swimming competitions though... fast!
© UBB.Developers