UBB.Dev
Posted By: GoTorankusuKu Hello from the past! - 01/27/2011 8:49 AM
Wow. That was the first thing that came to my mind when I stumbled back here for the first time in nearly over a decade just now. I couldn't believe ubbDev is still up and alive. It's simply amazing.

Now for some (boring) history for those interested...

When I first joined ubbDev back in 2000, I was a freshman high school student trying to learn ubb to work on and improve my DragonBall Z fan site (hey...I was 15-16 back then and it was the coolest thing on Cartoon Network :-[). I made contributions here for a year or two and eventually became a moderator here if I recall correctly. I don't remember why, but I eventually stopped coming here and really forgot about ubbDev and ubb in general. Probably cause I stopped working on the DBZ fan site and just moved on with life.

Flash-forward 10 years to today, I randomly Googled my junk email address (which was my primary one back then) and the only result that showed up is one single entry from ubbDev. I had a sudden moment of nostalgia. I started reading through my old posts, which still exists surprisingly. Reading some of them brought back some great memories.

Anywho, I'm now 26 years old with a BS degree in Computer Science working full-time at a SW engineering/QA job while going to school part-time to get my MS in Computer Engineering. I can honestly say the contributions that I made on this board has helped shape me to become what I am today. I've learned a lot from this board and the knowledge that I acquired and retained is invaluable.

Well, I just wanted to drop by and say hi. I want to give a special shout out to AllenAyres who appears to still be active on ubbDev till this day. Incredible. Don't know if you remember me though. smile

tl;dr Was a member (and maybe moderator?) here long long time ago. Stumbled back here by Googling my old email address. Nostalgia attack.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Hello from the past! - 02/08/2011 7:12 AM
Hey! I remember you smile

Thanks for dropping by - yes, this site has been around several lifetimes in internet years. It's funny to look back 10-12 years ago and see how serious we took everything. smile

Lotsa hours spent here.
© UBB.Developers