UBB.Dev
Posted By: empire slashcode! - 09/13/2000 3:36 AM
anybody tried it? Like, the real deal? I decided it would be muy special for antipopculture.org v4.0. Yeah...but it looks quite complex, and those linux/open source people scare the pokemon out of me. Even though I would like to try linux...

hmm. and that reminds me of something else: YaBB. That is some very cool stuff...I mean, it comes with a bunch of features that would have to be installed as hacks on a freeware UBB...but until there is one that I cna import UBB files to....well it's just not going to happen.
I installed mine at www.antipopculture.org/yabb/cgi/YaBB.pl
Don't expect it to be there too long, I like to conserve space.

adios mi amigos....

------------------
-david
delete yourself!
you got no chance to win!
Posted By: Mark Badolato Re: slashcode! - 09/13/2000 11:50 AM
Yeah good luck with YaBB... The current incarnation is so full of security holes, it's not even funny.

I, or any other experienced Perl coder can take one look at the YaBB files and instantaly see how to bring your entire website to it's death. I'm not kidding. The source code for that script is BAD. The very first file in the zip that I looked at, within 10 seconds made me say "....and here's how we can kill web-sites...."

Hopefully atom's gonna fix all that and get rid of the holes, now that he's on their team. [Linked Image]

--mark

------------------
Posted By: empire Re: slashcode! - 09/13/2000 10:16 PM
security papsmearity!
I could give a **** about it, I'm not snotty enought to be hacked (harhar). But seriously, I don't think I should have strayed from the topic:

slashcode!

------------------
-david
delete yourself!
you got no chance to win!

[This message has been edited by evil-empire (edited September 13, 2000).]
Posted By: empire Re: slashcode! - 09/16/2000 9:33 PM
la bumpa
Posted By: The Team Re: slashcode! - 09/16/2000 10:22 PM
The problems indeed will be fixed. Lets hope they aren't exposed before they are though >:0)

------------------
Da Wannabe Cannuck

Andy Tomaka
YaBB Developement Team
[email protected]
http://www.yabb.org
Posted By: CE Re: slashcode! - 09/16/2000 10:56 PM
404 file not found...
Posted By: empire Re: slashcode! - 09/17/2000 12:26 AM
oh for christ's sake.
now I AM sorry I said something about YaBB.

I need to know about SLASHCODE. Forget YaBB, I don't care, I don't need it. I need info on SLASHCODE. See my first message, BUT IGNORE THE YaBB COMMENT.

------------------
-david
I wish the milkman would deliver my milk.
In the morning.
Posted By: CE Re: slashcode! - 09/17/2000 12:46 AM
Whats slashcode?
Posted By: Mark Badolato Re: slashcode! - 09/17/2000 2:38 AM
slashcode can be a pain to set up. You need to undertand your system, plus need mod_perl and mysql set up with it.

Plenty of sites use it. Check out use.perl.org to see it.

--mark
© UBB.Developers