UBB.Dev
Posted By: Deb ICQ Server Tip - 09/23/2000 11:50 PM
I thought this might be useful to people that find it difficult at times to sign onto ICQ or get disconnected frequently. This is just a small portion of a much bigger list.

Additional server addresses you can add to your ICQ preferences:
fes.mirabilis.com
5.fes.mirabilis.com
6.fes.mirabilis.com
7.fes.mirabilis.com
8.fes.mirabilis.com
icq.mirabilis.com
icq0.mirabilis.com
icq1.mirabilis.com
icq2.mirabilis.com

All are Port 4000
Cheers! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Pyros Re: ICQ Server Tip - 09/23/2000 11:55 PM
Hehe, thanks Deb~..
Is there a page somewhere about all of ICQ's servers?
Oh yeah, wasn't ICQ purchased by AOL or something. Because I remember last year that AOL purchasing ICQ, and rumoured had it that AOL would start charing for ICQ use...?

------------------
Quality Pages designing the world professional web pages for affordable prices.
Posted By: Deb Re: ICQ Server Tip - 09/24/2000 12:06 AM
I'll email you the page I've got Pyros. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Pyros Re: ICQ Server Tip - 09/24/2000 12:12 AM
Ok, Thanks alot Deb~
[Linked Image]

------------------
Quality Pages designing the world professional web pages for affordable prices.
Posted By: The Team Re: ICQ Server Tip - 09/24/2000 1:18 AM
Is there a place to add multiple servers? I remember back in older version you could, but I can only find one slot.

------------------
Da Wannabe Cannuck
Posted By: Deb Re: ICQ Server Tip - 09/24/2000 1:38 AM
Wow... good question Atom... I have version 99b. I'm not sure about the options in the newer versions. I can add all the extra servers I want in preferences under servers. I'll try to find out if someone else doesn't respond.
Posted By: The Team Re: ICQ Server Tip - 09/24/2000 2:30 AM
Yeah, 99 versions you could add as many as you wanted. It would loop through your list until it would connect.

if ya find out where it is for 2000, let me know. It would be much appreciated!

------------------
Da Wannabe Cannuck
Posted By: Deb Re: ICQ Server Tip - 09/25/2000 3:54 AM
Hey Atom, from what I've been able to find out ICQ 2000 versions do not have the multiple server option. They have an Auto Configure feature and it supposedly does everything for you. You might be able to add your own by going to Preferences, Connections, then Servers but you wouldn't be able to have more than one. It would be a trial and error process to find a good one I guess... if it works that way. [Linked Image]
Posted By: The Team Re: ICQ Server Tip - 09/26/2000 12:08 AM
Thanks for the research Deb. I did find the place where I could add one...I was just hoping that there would be a place for multiple. I guess it is not that important though, since I haven't had a problem connected...

------------------
Da Wannabe Cannuck
© UBB.Developers