UBB.Dev
Posted By: Ultra GrrL This is why I love Cable - 01/19/2001 8:21 AM

I just had to take the screen shot, I nearly freaked! Too cool! [Linked Image]

------------------
Samantha
Posted By: GoTorankusuKu Re: This is why I love Cable - 01/19/2001 8:42 AM
Bah that's nothing UG, I get on average 3,500 Kbps [Linked Image]

Go to www.dslreports.com to get your speed check.

------------------

This message has been edited by GoTorankusuKu on January 19, 2001 at 12:43 AM
Posted By: GoTorankusuKu Re: This is why I love Cable - 01/19/2001 8:44 AM
Heres my screenshot: http://www.geocities.com/xtcboy2k/speed.jpg

------------------
Posted By: Ultra GrrL Re: This is why I love Cable - 01/19/2001 9:31 AM
Well that just blows my mind [Linked Image].... I haven't had cable for that long so you could say I feel like a multimedia goddess [Linked Image] I'm used to waiting hours for like one mp3 to download. lol

------------------
Samantha
Posted By: Phil Re: This is why I love Cable - 01/19/2001 1:08 PM
Ugh. you people are lucky gits. Try living where i do. No Cable, No DSL, No ADSL, ISDN costs £40 a month (not including call charges and installation fees)

Uk net access sucks. Im gonna be stuck with 56k until i die at the speed British Telecom moves......

------------------

"Oh bugger, now what the hell have I done wrong?"
Posted By: Stang5_0 Re: This is why I love Cable - 01/19/2001 1:50 PM
I have vDSL and it works nice for servers. 1.5 up and down.....They got mad at me and blocked ports 80 and 21 but thats ok, found some hosting, and never use 21 for my ftp anyways, like them numbers way up there for ports.
I figure with streaming webcams and music, that I am getting my $$ worth, so I am content. But I am anxiously awaiting cox@work to hit my area. Nothing like 10 up and 10 down. Plus they give you the option of running up to 7 servers...
My service seems kewl though, I have had up to 17 boxes on it, and still keep getting IP's...If I have an open port, I have an IP kinda nice....
Posted By: Kimbo5203 Re: This is why I love Cable - 01/25/2001 3:53 AM
My @HomeNetwork cable blows [Linked Image]

Best I've gotten is 220 kb/s (give or take a few) [Linked Image]

------------------
ManaOnline
http://www.manaonline.com
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: This is why I love Cable - 01/25/2001 5:16 AM
1350kbps for me. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
I swear that is great!

------------------

Modification Developer of the Ultimate Bulletin Board
Due to time limitation, I do not offer support Via. E-mail, ICQ , AIM, Private message or any media.
Regards,
MasterMind
Posted By: speed Re: This is why I love Cable - 01/31/2001 4:47 AM
My ADSL runs between 1200 and 1350 I run A Stream server web server and a post office server with no problems Anybody that is not getting what they think they should be getting or there server keeps getting knocked off I have found in dsl markets that changing software to an independents software will cure alot of problems I have a desktop on the same router with the companys provided software and connection on that machine thru the same DSL modem runs aaround 250 Big difference. I use enternet300 software on my servers with TZO translating my domains into one dynamic IP address

------------------
quote:
We have No Cable, No DSL, and No ISDN the fastest they offer here is 56K [Linked Image]

------------------
http://www.zeldaglitches.com
© UBB.Developers