UBB.Dev
Posted By: amykhar moderator training? - 02/12/2001 9:28 PM
I am going nuts. I have one edit happy moderator and an admin who keeps cheering him on telling him what a WONDERFUL job he is doing.

Some of the other moderators are simply clueless. I feel like I spend half my life smoothing ruffled feathers because some of the moderators are going off half cocked.

Someone needs to create a UBB moderators school laugh Anyone here going to volunteer?

Amy
Posted By: Lucia Re: moderator training? - 02/12/2001 10:33 PM
I find that being a complete and total b*tch works very well.. Make everyone hate you, on purpose. Do mean and evil things to random people, edit your ubb to insult people when they post replies or new topics. Call all your moderators morons, fight with everybody who's dumb

May sound stupid, but as an admin technique, it rocks.. Everyone is so busy hating you and yelling at you/complaining about you that they totally forget to do anything bad or say anything bad, except to you..

Oh, and I probably have a copy of some moderator/admin rules and regs I made up at one point if you'd like to see them..

But be warned, it's essential to the first strategy that you break every single rule as often as possible..
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: moderator training? - 02/12/2001 10:44 PM
I believe borg has a "moderator rules" sheet on his planet community site. Not really a training manual, but helpful in setting ground rules for behavior.
Posted By: Digital Boy Re: moderator training? - 02/13/2001 2:50 PM
Which is something that, while we batted the idea around for awhile, never quite got around to implementing.

- DB
Posted By: cal Re: moderator training? - 02/13/2001 5:04 PM
quote:
But Lucia, you're only supposed to make the members hate you when you're an admin tipsy

UBBHackers anyone....

Just a thought smile
© UBB.Developers