UBB.Dev
Posted By: PDT816 What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/26/2001 4:53 AM
Don't laugh, but I'm a long time FrontPage user and just can't stand what it does to my UBB any longer.

What software are you currently using and how do you like it? My sites are traditionally quite large [14k pages plus] so having a good program for keeping everything strait is pretty important.

Thanks in advance.
I heard HTML editors adds in extra code that isn't needed so that might be the cause of the large HTML files. Dreamweaver seems to be alot of peoples' favorite editor as you can do alot with it. It's also good to use raw HTML for things editors can't do as well. In that case I use UltraEdit.
Posted By: PDT816 Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/26/2001 5:22 AM
The sizes of my pages aren't the challenge, there's just lots of them.

Thanks for the info on the software you use though.

[ February 25, 2001: Message edited by: PDT816 ]
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/26/2001 5:44 AM
I use Allaire HomeSite and my brain.
Posted By: Lucia Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/26/2001 8:06 AM
Notetab, and occasionally a HTML validator if I'm doing complicated pages (just to check I got all the table tags in the right places usually)
Posted By: Stilgar Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/26/2001 8:32 AM
notepad and FrontPage2000. Now don't say "ewwww". It's what the boss paid for and it's really not bad if you use it for the tedious stuff. I've looked through a page I created completely with FP2000 and the only extra code it added was a "Generated by MS...." code. That's it. Not bad.
Posted By: cal Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/26/2001 11:45 AM
noted!

Just a thought smile
Posted By: DJLunacy Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/26/2001 4:55 PM
Adobe GoLive 5
Posted By: Deb Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/26/2001 7:54 PM
Homesite by Allaire
Posted By: Dawg911 Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/26/2001 8:09 PM
when i used too do my ubb, i used notepad plus and textpad.
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/26/2001 10:24 PM
CuteHTML
Dreamweaver 4
FP2000
Notepad.
Posted By: amykhar Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/27/2001 2:33 AM
It depends on what computer I am using. I like HTML Kit and First Page 2000 (comparable to Homesite) because they are free.

At work, I use Multiedit for all my coding.

Amy

[ February 27, 2001: Message edited by: amykhar ]
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/27/2001 4:16 AM
I lost the link to first site. Do you have the url?
Posted By: usr bin geek Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/27/2001 6:21 AM
I use HotDog Pro6 and TextPad.

HotDog Pro is a HTML text editor on steriods. Can be used for HTML, CSS, ASP, PHP, VBScript, and JavaScript.
I hand code my HTML and now XHTML in UltraEdit . I use Mozilla or Netscape when I need to do WYSIWYG editing.
Posted By: JohnM Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/27/2001 7:59 AM
UltraEdit, and FP2000 if I want to try to make something look decent wink
For HTML stuff, I prefer to do it by hand in either Edit Plus, or CoffeeCup (which is a cool text based HTML editor, but sometimes is weird under win2k).

My perl stuff all gets done in Perl Builder. My PHP stuff and Java stuff get done in Edit Plus. My laundry gets done in the washing machine
Posted By: scats Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/27/2001 4:54 PM
I love the expression "html by hand". laugh

Exploring the miniscule possibility that another Mac person might be interested, I couldn't go without BBedit to write html "by hand". Multi-file searches, file-compare, color-coding for a number of languages (including perl), etc, etc. It's my frieeeend. smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/27/2001 6:32 PM
quote:
Same here... UE for all scripts.
Posted By: Feronide Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/27/2001 8:25 PM
i count web design as graphics aswell, so, i will add in the gfx programs i use:

First Page 2000
Photoshop 5.5
Notepad

thats it, i have loads of other software (dreamweaver, golive, frontpage, psp) but i find the 3 i mentioned are perfect when used in combination

[ February 27, 2001: Message edited by: Feronide ]
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/27/2001 9:55 PM
quote:
BBedit is the best I've used on my Mac. I like PCs better, but my G4 tower gets the job done at work wink The best part of the package is the 21" Cinema Display LCD monitor. laugh
Posted By: scats Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/27/2001 10:16 PM
You dog!! laugh
Yeah they dropped the price of those by a whole grand -- now they're only $3,000! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/28/2001 1:23 AM
Now, I didn't have the "honor" of paying for it myself, but it really is the most spectacular display ever made for any system. And to think, all those PC users are losing out because the connection is mac-digital only. laugh
Posted By: Phil Re: What Web Design Software Do you use? - 02/28/2001 2:42 AM
quote:
Hey wow that Html-kit is pretty damn cool..... plus you can get all those plug in features......

There are so many rubbishy Html editors out there these days..... HotDog Pro i though was just another **** homesite imitation......

In fact a lot of editors seem to rip off homesite, but so far htmlkit and first page 2000 are the only ones ive seen that do it well.....
© UBB.Developers