UBB.Dev
Posted By: NSA Daily Radar - 05/01/2001 10:30 AM
Closed!

http://www.dailyradar.com/index.shtml

Sad sad frown It was one of the better "Gaming" websites out there, I especially loved PC Accelerator when it was around as well.. damn.
Posted By: Jamin Re: Daily Radar - 05/01/2001 2:47 PM
THANK GOD!!!!!

Daily Radar was the ruination of PCGamer.com and probably several other sites, when it was created and took them all over. It was, IMVHO, Imagine Media's worst business decision ever!

I really hate those upstart corporate communist takeover sites... I remember whe IGN/Snowball took over GameSages.com, and totally ruined the site (and closed down the UBB). That was when about 75% of the GS following stopped coming altogether, myself included.

Maybe PCGamer will actually be a decent site now again.

---Skorpion
Posted By: gameoverDude Re: Daily Radar - 05/02/2001 3:34 AM
GOOD RIDDANCE!

I've never really liked DR (you hit the nail right on the head, Skorpion).

IGN has one of the most biased review teams as well- they trash a lot of games just because they happen to be 2D. Their manhandling of Gunbird 2 had me upset. Colin "Polygon" Williamson is my least favorite of their reviewers.
Posted By: Lucia Re: Daily Radar - 05/02/2001 4:37 AM
Ick don't get me started on the IGN phenomenon.. the only reason they're huge is the huge pocketbooks they have backing them..

And their "Men Only" sections are frankly insulting to every female gamer in the world, such as me.. I don't even bother to read their reviews or their site, because I almost always disagree with them..
Posted By: CopyCat Re: Daily Radar - 05/02/2001 6:13 AM
wtf eek

c'mon guys, they were good...

come to think of it, if they couldnt make it... uh-oh

----
10. Penny Arcade's "insightful," "witty" and "urbane" mockery finally crushed our spirits
7. John Romero made us his *****
----

lol the guys were funny. some times to picky, but funny.

well theres still gamespot.

(ps: pcxl is back)
Posted By: Jamin Re: Daily Radar - 05/02/2001 6:21 AM
quote:
quote:
Now you went and got my hopes up that an actual print issue of PCXL was arriving at my newsstand..... But alas, it will not be. frown

(PCXL is the one association of Daily Radar that I mourn the closing of.)

---Skorpion
Posted By: CopyCat Re: Daily Radar - 05/02/2001 6:31 AM
wow this guys like to come and go..

sorry man, this was a news in daily radar, ( http://www.dailyradar.com/index2.shtml )
a week ago there was a new issue front page in the pcxl site
Posted By: NSA Re: Daily Radar - 05/02/2001 10:04 PM
Argh! PCXL was the best, I still have all my issues stacked neatly in my room. They are hilarious! Sigh. I got my hopes up too.. but alas.. grr.
© UBB.Developers