UBB.Dev
Posted By: ranklists Need help improving my messageboard - 05/25/2001 2:24 AM
The URL to my messageboard is:
http://www.ranklists.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
and I need help improving my messageboard.
Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. In addition, I need some moderators, and a good way of letting people know that my board is out there.
Posted By: GoTorankusuKu Re: Need help improving my messageboard - 05/25/2001 2:59 AM
1. I believe this is the wrong forum, it should be modified showcase.

2. Upgrading to 6.04e would improve the stability and security.

3. Color scheme needs work.
Posted By: ranklists Re: Need help improving my messageboard - 05/25/2001 7:35 PM
I want to upgrade to 6.04e, but don't want to install the hacks over again. And I didn't figure that 6.04e and version 6 are very different. I'm just sitting around waiting for a more improved version of UBB to come out first before I upgrade. You think this is a good idea? Is it worth the time spent upgrading from 6.0 to 6.04e and reinstalling all the hacks?

As for the color scheme, what colors do you purpose. I am never good at choosing the right colors.
Posted By: Jamin Re: Need help improving my messageboard - 05/25/2001 8:19 PM
Feature-wise, 6.0 and 6.04e are not very far apart. But security- and stability-wise, they are. There have been lots of major security fixes and things to increase the stability of the board that have been done since 6.0.

And like I said in the other post in the Showcase forum, Avatars is the only thing I can see that you've done... unless I'm just missing something.

6.04e is theoretically the last release before 6.1, and 6.1 still has quite a bit of work that needs to be done, to my knowledge. Charles Capps or Navaho or the beta testers may know otherwise, but that was kinda the way I understood it. If you upgrade to 6.04e now, you should be safe for awhile before 6.1 comes out.

---Skorpion
© UBB.Developers