Posted By: Spitz WINDOWS XP - 06/12/2001 12:43 PM
anyone have it?
Posted By: indoe Re: WINDOWS XP - 06/12/2001 2:46 PM
is it out?

[ June 12, 2001 07:49 AM: Message edited by: indoe ]
Posted By: Spitz Re: WINDOWS XP - 06/12/2001 3:01 PM
the beta is.. its beta 2.. i have it i also have office XP
Posted By: Jamin Re: WINDOWS XP - 06/12/2001 4:06 PM
I have it. Beta 2, that is. And I heard that RC1 was shipping on June 18, for those of us in the preview program.

It's decent. Very stable, and there are a ton of things you can install now that don't require a restart like in previous incarnations of Windows (even some hardware). Beta 2 has a bunch compatibility problems with hardware and software, tho, even when you run things in it's "compatibility mode". The two programs I've attempted to run in that, failed just the same as in normal mode, so I don't think that works quite right yet.

I think once it goes final, and companies start making drivers specifically for it, it will be one of the better upgrades; for most people, it is a completely new OS version, since it's based on Win2000 (v5.0) instead of Win9X (v4.0 - 4.2). It's just a shame they didn't keep the original Whistler UI in there somewhere!

---Skorpion
Posted By: psychopathic Re: WINDOWS XP - 06/14/2001 10:41 AM
I grabbed myself a copy of XP Beta 2 and it's great. I love the stylish new start menu and the fading and sliding transitions in the taskbar. Really really cool! Also, one thing i noticed is when i was installing it, it said that my Sound card would NOT work with it yet..it does.. Not that i'm complaining, it's just that they lied to me.. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Ultra GrrL Re: WINDOWS XP - 06/15/2001 8:58 AM
Here's a great article on XP I found at GameSpot. smile

-=GameSpot article=-
Posted By: Spitz Re: WINDOWS XP - 06/15/2001 9:12 AM
the past few days i have been plaiyng around with xp.. the only problem is.. when i go to my search thing it doesn't display most of the text... in the little speach bubble thing above the animated pet or graphics.. any1 know whats wrong? besides that windows xp hasn't failed me.. office XP rocks too there is voice reconition for word so u can say what u want typed out and it appears on the screen. XP Has actually sped up my adsl connection.. and b4 my connetion use to jam but now it never jamms... oh ya psychopatic the samthing happened to me but for me it didn't work so i had to go and download a new driver. Well c yaz

OH yes ppl say that office XP RC1 is coming out June 18th and the final version should be in stores by october 25 to the beginning of 2002..

[ June 15, 2001 02:14 AM: Message edited by: Spitz ]
© UBB.Developers