UBB.Dev
Posted By: certify UBB Login Cookies - 07/12/2001 6:00 PM
Anybody know where the code is located where UBB check for who is login or not?
Posted By: jordo Re: UBB Login Cookies - 07/12/2001 8:06 PM
you mean where it grabs your cookie?
Posted By: certify Re: UBB Login Cookies - 07/12/2001 8:21 PM
Hmmm I think so. smile

I want to hack UBB a little so that when user access any part of my site not just the UBB they can register if they are a new member is they are returning member they username should appear on the top of the header.
Posted By: Jamin Re: UBB Login Cookies - 07/12/2001 8:46 PM
I'm not sure how to do it as a standalone thing...

But if you're using my Compact Headers templates, you can also use my UBB Headesr & Footers via SSI hack. It brings the register/login info from UBB onto any SSI-enabled page. You do have to be using Compact Headers, though, because the login info is not part of the variable the SSI calls in a normal installation. You can see my homepage, http://www.se7enet.com/index.shtml , for an example...

---Skorpion
Posted By: certify Re: UBB Login Cookies - 07/12/2001 8:50 PM
Thanks Skorpion. smile

Does that mean that they don't have to be in the board and still see they are login?
Posted By: Jamin Re: UBB Login Cookies - 07/12/2001 8:56 PM
That is correct. Any page that you call the SSI in, will display the user as logged in or unregistered, just like a normal UBB-generated page.

If they are not logged in when the open the SSI page, and log in from the link on the SSI page, they are logged in and taken to the main forums page (ultimatebb.cgi), not the referrer, though.

---Skorpion
Posted By: certify Re: UBB Login Cookies - 07/12/2001 9:01 PM
That is exackly what I am looking for. smile

but is there a way to point it back to the referrer page?
Posted By: Jamin Re: UBB Login Cookies - 07/12/2001 9:40 PM
The referrer page thing was something I didn't even know was wrong with it until I just was replying to you that time and checked about it.

Now that it's been brought to my attention, I will see what I can do to correct it. smile

---Skorpion
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: UBB Login Cookies - 07/12/2001 9:41 PM
You would have to make your own hack. You couldn't use his headers that call the regular Cookies.
Posted By: certify Re: UBB Login Cookies - 07/12/2001 10:12 PM
quote:
But Skorpion said it works. confused

Thanks Skorpion, I will use your Compact Headers templates on my test board and let me know when the new fix is up.

Thanks again. smile
© UBB.Developers