UBB.Dev
Posted By: kaukagaul Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/25/2001 4:55 AM
It seems to me that the activity in UBBDev has decreased this last days.
Can this have something to do with this headline;

"Just a reminder - with UBB 6.1 just around the corner, and the code being so radically different, you'd be crazy to start coding a new mod at this point." ?

Is this good for UBBDev....I wonder.

With no activity in making hacks and bugfixing now for months to come, will UBBDev be a dead place to be until 6.X is stable and there is made enough hacks for it?

Let's find out....place a mark in the Poll!!
The minute I hear about 6.1 is out I will be upgrading.
remember him? :rolleyes:
We'll be updating within a few hours of release... with modifications being done as soon as it goes gold.

6.1 modifications will be coming out soon after final release...
Posted By: Travis Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/25/2001 5:18 AM
6.1 all the way smile
quote:
Remember who?
Posted By: jordo Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/25/2001 5:41 AM
quote:
well im not sure how you figure this. i plan on updating my hacks as soon as i have the beta, as i dont think they would go and make any major structural changes between beta and final, so i should have them done before 6.1 is even gold (depending on how long the beta is out that is smile ). so maybe the flow of new modifications will slow for a couple days, maybe the week, but as soon as we can see and get an idea of the new structure in 6.1 i dont think there will be much of a slowdown...
smile
I'll upgrade to 6.1 as soon as who's online is available for it.. my members rely on it too much to not have it smile.... I'll definitely have a test board though!!!!!!

Oh yeah... and the smilie mod.. probably the most important of them all for us at sffba.com!!! lol

[ July 24, 2001 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Javier97Z28 ]
WOL is supposed to be released a day or so after 6.1 goes gold...

the smilie mod is part of the base code in 6.1, tho there are a few things that can be improved upon there...
Posted By: qasic Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/25/2001 6:59 AM
AA,

Once you've upgraded to 6.1 here with XML, give me a shout and I'll pass you a 4.1a which isn't password protected wink smile

qasic
suggestion : dont release hacks untill gold is out so you see any changes
I will be upgrading when 6.1 Gold or Normal comes out and I'll install it and install the hacks as the come along and then use it as my main board after I have a few hacks on it.
Posted By: Rinkrat Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/25/2001 4:01 PM
I'm waiting unril the hacks are out. My users would revolt if they didn't have their Who's online, Spellcheck, Memberlist, Calendar and a dozen other features I've spoiled them with!
vote
Allen. doh!!! stupid me i completely forgot it was supposed to be integrated into 6.1.0.. hehehe...

qasic.. ah no fair... advertising how you can give it away to the special people smile oh well hehe
Posted By: qasic Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/25/2001 6:30 PM
MM,

The fact that everyone who tries v4.1a will be forced to use my auto-install technology shouldn't cause any big problems smile

qasic
Posted By: certify Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/25/2001 6:43 PM
Once WOL and Compact header hack is done.. I will upgrade. smile
Posted By: Jamin Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/25/2001 6:59 PM
Besides a couple of the major hacks, a lot of the stuff on my board is my own proprietary modifications anyway. I'll begin the upgrading process on my own local server as soon as the beta is available, but I won't actually put it on se7enet till sometime after Final...

---Skorpion
I will NOT be upgrading my board, for two reasons:

1: 6.1.0 will not be out TOMORROW

2: My board is already upgraded.. wink
aahhh.. so Friday is the release date... wink
But he posted this yesterday. So it could be released tomorrow right? laugh Nah, it's probably Friday.
quote:
Saw that in another topic, don't know if it was a joke or not... smile
6.1.0.0 all the way, baby!
quote:

I thought it was on Fridays that are the 13th.
Normally we try not to do Friday releases actually. We prefer not to, however we did say we'd be releasing this week... So it will be Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

(Ted and MBM had to slip out of the office to do some emergency business meetings on the east coast... Good Things, I assure you... We can't release without Ted approving the code.)
Posted By: Fuzion Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/25/2001 8:35 PM
I am going to wait till someone upgrades the Last Post mod and the who's online mod, because my members get a little angry without those mods installed.
quote:
IP looking for some VC?

-Tacks
quote:
Who's online will be out a day after UBB 6.1.0 is released.

[ July 26, 2001 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Tech-Ni-Kal ]
quote:
Nope. We remain completely unfunded. Don't need no steenking VC.

(Actually, we don't know exactly what they're out of town for.. we only have rumors, and I won't publicly state as to what they are becuase 1) you prolly won't understand the references and 2) I don't even know for sure that they're REALLY out of town for that reason...)
quote:
It's nice when a company can grow organically without having to sell their soul to others.
Ok, well still very much anticipating this great release. smile
I cant WAIT untill UBB7, it can replace charles, as it makes coffee. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Fuzion Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/26/2001 2:29 AM
quote:
True, True. But UBB 6.1 has the ability to order pizza to your front door. laugh
Posted By: navaho Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/26/2001 8:31 AM
Yup, look for a sub named getdaveapizzaheishungry

6.2.0 will have the ohnowecantbeoutofcoffee sub

6.3.0 will have thankgodwegotanewcoffeesmurfbecausecharlesmadeyuckycoffee
and davelooksdifferentwithshorthair subroutines.

wink tipsy
laugh

you forgot the new sub in 6.3.0 eatcrapanddieibvb

wink
Posted By: Tolitz Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/26/2001 9:12 AM
Gonna wait till most of the hacks are out for it before I upgrade to 6.1 ... what use is a UBB without hacks wink

[ July 26, 2001 02:13 AM: Message edited by: Tolitz ]
You don't need hacks for a UBB, Just run it normal. Too used to having hacks. tipsy

Anyway I can't wait for 6.1 Gold and final to come out. smile
Posted By: certify Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/26/2001 5:17 PM
quote:
Execellent! wink
Posted By: certify Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/26/2001 5:19 PM
quote:
Never do like them myself. smile
Please do not refer to 6.1.0 as "6.1 Gold".

The version number is 6.1.0.

<--- Version Number Facist laugh laugh laugh
Sorry CC. frown
Posted By: ertram Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/26/2001 11:23 PM
quote:
what a nasty thing to say eek
Charles...how many votes have you actually submitted for the first alternative? laugh

Grabbed from the Last Post colomn;
quote:
Posted By: Jamin Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/27/2001 2:18 AM
quote:
Screw subway walls, the words of the prophets are written in comment tags... :rolleyes:

---Skorpion
heheh... it was a joke smile
laugh
quote:
Right.

There have already been several made for 6.1 (I have moles on the inside, and no, it isn't too painful once you get used to them ;)) Anyways, this place should be hoppin in the next couple of weeks!
Posted By: Nutmegg Re: Are YOU going to upgrade tomorrow? [Poll] - 07/27/2001 2:19 PM
yep, i'll upgrade for sure. smile
© UBB.Developers