UBB.Dev
Posted By: Brett I'm going to cry now - 08/01/2001 11:01 PM
What's with the yabb crap being free?! I pay a ton of money for a great bulletin board called ubb and then i hear about yabb having even more features then the base version of ubb, and it's free!

Because you can download yabb(for free mad), people could probably hack codes into it.

Please tell me something that makes ubb kick yabb out of the park! *goes and cries*
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: I'm going to cry now - 08/01/2001 11:08 PM
Most other BB's are rip-off's of the UBB. That is what makes the UBB so great.
Posted By: tackaberry Re: I'm going to cry now - 08/01/2001 11:22 PM
Plenty of people can code a program and give it away for nothing.

Heck, they are bound to attract a group of users, who are looking for free scripts.

However, at some point the company or individual responsible will decide that their time/effort/expenses are worth something, and the free script is no longer free.

And then what becomes of the freeware script that was only popular because it was free???

Be proud to own your UBB license. You've put your trust and money behind a real company with a dedication to their products and their consumers.

And always remember...you get what you pay for!

-Tacks
Posted By: Brett Re: I'm going to cry now - 08/01/2001 11:29 PM
Yeah, your probably right. Their all bound to go ezboard sometime. wink
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: I'm going to cry now - 08/01/2001 11:33 PM
some of the rip off are bound to start makein you pay soon anyway :)ubb used to be a free forum back in the day

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: Anime-loo ]
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: I'm going to cry now - 08/01/2001 11:41 PM
quote:
V.3.x and earlier if I am correct. [Prob Not]
Posted By: Link2001 Re: I'm going to cry now - 08/01/2001 11:42 PM
Ubb is #1
UBB for presedent!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: I'm going to cry now - 08/01/2001 11:44 PM
A Sally has most eloquently stated, we aren't Adverts-R-Us.

You are more than welcome to pick and choose as you please, we definitely aren't gonna even try to compare UBBâ„¢ with something like yabb (heh) - I have never even seen one and am not interested. There are probably 50 forum scripts out there built in someone's "Beginner's Perl" class.

thread closed.
© UBB.Developers