UBB.Dev
Posted By: certify Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/26/2001 10:49 AM
Just curious will UBBDev migrate it's UBB forum to UBB threads? UBBDev's forum is rather slow lately.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/26/2001 12:11 PM
This forum is no-where near slow. On my 56k pages load up pretty fast with the PHP accelarator enabled. I wouldn't think UBBdev would change to UBB Threads, because this forum supports and makes hacks for the normal UBB and not UBB Threads.

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: Lord Dexter ]
Posted By: DJLunacy Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/26/2001 3:38 PM
Um UBB threads? Do you mean WWW threads? If that is what you are talking about we have no plans to ever change the fourm software we use.
Posted By: Mark Badolato Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/26/2001 4:29 PM
No, they mean UBBThreads, which is the name of w3t since Infopop bought them smile
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/26/2001 6:58 PM
quote:
Thanks for the official press release, Mr. Secretary-General. :rolleyes:

There are currently no plans to switch to UBBThreads at the moment, however, a support site might be started soon in conjunction with the WWWThreads people.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/26/2001 8:07 PM
We (UBBDev & Infopop) are working on the new UBBThreads hacking site, ThreadsDev.

It'll be up next week. laugh
Posted By: tackaberry Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/26/2001 8:10 PM
That's funny...I type in www.ubbdev.com and where does it take me wink

.. Silly Infopoppers

-Tacks

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: tackaberry ]
Posted By: Mr. Anonymous Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/26/2001 8:21 PM
quote:
By SLOW, he meant activity/posting on the site, not page loading. wink
Posted By: tackaberry Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/26/2001 9:08 PM
It's all those lurkers and newbies out there, hiding behind their firewalls, afraid to post and share their cookies.

laugh

-Tacks
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/26/2001 11:01 PM
We haven't set up the server to recognize the domain fully yet. wink
Posted By: richardk Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/27/2001 2:52 AM
quote:
I thought it was going to be up by the end of this week? Run into some problems?
Posted By: richardk Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/27/2001 2:53 AM
quote:
try: http://www.ubbubbdev.com
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/27/2001 3:33 AM
Matt,
This is the official press release.

UBBDev has no plans to switch to UBBThreads, as we run a UBB Development site, it wouldn't make much sense using other software. UBBDev would then be UBBThreadsDev, overwriting the purpose of other sites in the works. It would be redundant. HERE ME?! REDUNDANT!!!!! DONT PUSH ME!
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/27/2001 4:01 AM
Well it's good to hear that they are making a seperate community for the people using UBBThreads. Shouldn't affect us.
Posted By: navaho Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/27/2001 6:58 AM
We haven't mapped the domains so the folks building the site can finish whatever they are doing before it goes live.
Posted By: certify Re: Will UBBDev migrate to UBBThreads - 10/29/2001 1:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I like UBBThreads, by default it looks nice and neat. smile
© UBB.Developers