UBB.Dev
Posted By: Dave2 How many icons do you have on your system tray? - 01/21/2002 10:49 PM
Well, how many? laugh .

[Linked Image]

(typed the wrong thing )

[ 01-21-2002 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Dave2 ]
That's actually your System Tray. smile

Even more fun is my Taskbar:
[Linked Image]

2, 3 when winamp is running.
About 8.
Those include... well, see for yourself.

[Linked Image]
I'll post my home PC's tonight. smile
Windows .NET, for Windows XP.
Thanks Greg. I'll be checking that out for my home machine.
[Linked Image]

I think I'll explain what each of mine does.

They are, from left to right: GetRight, allows me to download big files; AIM, allows me to bother people and get bothered; ACDSee, the fastest image viewer; Windows Messenger, why do I even have that turned on?; United Devices, hacks cancer to shreds; 3dfx Tools, for adjusting my vidcard props; Norton AntiVirus, don't want my puter to get blown to bits; Soundcard mixer, adjusts soundcard volume and inputs; IntelliPoint, keeps my mouse doing what I tell it to; and lastly, the DNS2Go Client, which allows me to do this from my very own machine. Phew!

[ 01-21-2002 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Matt Jacob ]
I have 13. 15 with DAP and Morpheus on but I don't start those programs up automatically. I would take a screenshot but I don't have an image program to cut all the pic out besides the taskbar.
My tray here:

Volume control, Character set switcher, Taskman, Norton AV, Network Traffic, UD, MySQL Control, Yahoo IM, WebCam32, ICQ, MSN, Java Plugin.

My tray at home:

Volume control, UD, VNC, ZoneAlarm Pro, Taskman, Network Traffic, MSN, ICQ
mine:

[Linked Image]

Windows .NET theme r0x, been using it since December.

my entire desktop can be seen in this pic .
You can see my desktop HERE with the 13 icons I mentioned earlier.
Mine:

Winamp, Roxio, Volume Control, AIM, UD, MSN Messenger, AOL (only if I feel like running it; I run it over my DSL line, so I don't have AOL as an ISP ), Norton Antivirus, and Winamp agent.
donwload

^ see for yourself

[ 01-22-2002 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Anime-loo ]
I will post mine when my site is back up. Only about 6 icons but eh.
Where can you get the Win .NET theme? And is there any good sites to get themes?

[ 01-21-2002 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Tech-Ni-Kal ]
My System Tray at home:
[Linked Image]

My Taskbar at home:
[Linked Image]

Mine varies between 1 and 3: Sound control (constant), AIM (sometimes), and Winamp (sometimes).

I'm on this "don't run anything!" kick, because i'm of the opinion that systray-resident programs only serve to eat up memory. Which, honestly, I don't know why I'm so paranoid about that, because I've got a gig of it anyway...

---Jamin

[Linked Image]
Six...
[Linked Image]

[From left to right]
  • WinAmp - You know this one
    Skin4All - Just a program that lets you skin skinnable programs.
  • Purgative - A program to take off the ads on AIM, if you want me to show you a screenshot of what it does, PM me.
  • InternetShare Status - Tells me if I'm connected or disconnected from the internet.
  • Mouse - Can't get it off, always there when I start up.
  • AIM - Again, you know this one.

[QuickLaunch, from Left to Right]
  • The obvious ones, Desktop, IE, AIM, and Outlook...
  • And then the ones I have covered up...
  • Trillian - I only use this on certain occasions (You know what it is, if not, http://www.trillian.cc , awesome program).
  • Purgative - You know, I explained it above. It's not there because It automatically launches when I start up.
  • Winamp - Yeah, you know what this is... WinAmp automatically launches when I start up. Woohoo.

Uhg, I should stop naming everything "untitled.gif", because now somewhere there's a broken image. : d'oh : And I HATE broken images.

EDIT:
And, incase anyone's wondering, I don't use any skin, I think it just slows down my computer, and I rarely pay attention to what anything looks like. I tried using WindowsBlinds for a while, and found some pretty decent skins, but then noticed an extra 10 or 15 seconds loading time at my start-up... rather not have that.

[ 01-22-2002 09:06 PM: Message edited by: BloggerMan ]
BloggerMan, what's that rad skin you're using, and where can I find it?
Right Click your Desktop > Properties > Appearance > Scheme > Window's Standard

... Yeah, it's the default Window's Skin... actually, I don't know if you were joking or not...

quote:
Originally posted by BloggerMan:
actually, I don't know if you were joking or not...

Some people think I have a dry sense of humor. Ha. Ha ha.

Yeah, I was joking.
You have trillian too Blogger? Seems like alot of people use that program now days..
It's a decent program, but I don't like the sound of this recent news.

quote:

09 January 2002 - Forums.
The forums are being upgraded and cleaned up. UBB had a heart attack and we're taking the opportunity to do some in-the-dead-of-winter spring cleaning. smile
vB? vB? Oh ma lord.. tipsy
© UBB.Developers