UBB.Dev
Posted By: BloggerMan :sigh: I almost feel sorry for my dad... - 01/28/2002 2:17 AM
He installed this program, CyberSitter, onto my computer, and he tested it out and everything, works perfect. Then he left my room, to get on with his life, knowing that his son was safe from any "bad" websites on the internet.

Within 5 minutes I had the password to the control panel.

Man, I really would uninstall the program, but I'd get in even more trouble than I would if I tried to access a "bad" website.

EDIT:
Oops, I forgot to say what the program does...
It basically blocks any sites that it thinks are "bad". It just says that the site can't be found.

[ 01-27-2002 06:20 PM: Message edited by: BloggerMan ]
Posted By: Wando™ Re: :sigh: I almost feel sorry for my dad... - 01/28/2002 2:54 AM
Thanks for that, makes me realise there are some bonuses to being old!
'off to view some very bad sites'
Heh.

I found out it takes logs and sends them by e-mail to my dad, so I just changed smtp.west.cox.net to smpt.west.cox.net to make him think HE made the typo, if he ever sees it.

I am so evil.
Posted By: RandyM Re: :sigh: I almost feel sorry for my dad... - 01/28/2002 4:02 AM
*runs off to build really bad websites*
Posted By: Bookie Re: :sigh: I almost feel sorry for my dad... - 01/28/2002 4:21 AM
Geocities comes with free tools to help you build really bad web sites, they are so bad that they don't display proper on most browsers!
Posted By: Wando™ Re: :sigh: I almost feel sorry for my dad... - 01/28/2002 4:23 AM
*runs off to view Xpert's 'bad' websites*
lmao!

*checks out XPerT's 'bad' webpage*
Posted By: RandyM Re: :sigh: I almost feel sorry for my dad... - 01/28/2002 4:38 AM
If you would have seen my first UBB you would have seen a REALLY bad website....*shudders*
Oy, you know what I mean
quote:
Originally posted by BloggerMan:
Heh.

I found out it takes logs and sends them by e-mail to my dad, so I just changed smtp.west.cox.net to smpt.west.cox.net to make him think HE made the typo, if he ever sees it. wink
Posted By: CopyCat Re: :sigh: I almost feel sorry for my dad... - 01/28/2002 5:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Bookie:
Geocities comes with free tools to help you build really bad web sites, they are so bad that they don't display proper on most browsers!

there should be a censoring option for that
I planned on it.
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: :sigh: I almost feel sorry for my dad... - 01/28/2002 7:28 AM
i have a few really "bad" websites tipsy j/k
LOL!

I rarely go to bad websites, but I have before...
© UBB.Developers