UBB.Dev
Posted By: Rich99 My thread? - 03/27/2002 4:41 PM
I started a topic here last night, it disappeared? Are there gremlins abound? confused
Posted By: Mark Badolato Re: My thread? - 03/27/2002 4:50 PM
It needed to be removed due to the content of a reply to your post.

In generally discussions about other software packages do nothing but start flame wars here (or any other forum) so they wind up needing to be closed/removed.

Allen can address this thread more if need be. It was not due to your post, though.
Posted By: tackaberry Re: My thread? - 03/27/2002 4:56 PM
Topics that compare UBB™ to competitive products generally speaking quickly degenerate into flame-fests.

This is a UBB™ based support site. Our users are UBB™ users, and are generally biased toward that product. In addition, many of them are not very familiar with the features, benefits and performance of other products.

Your topic was removed because it degenerated into a flame war and you can expect the other similar posts will be as well.

If you have feedback or comments for Infopop, I would recommend that you voice them on their forums. If you wish to discuss other products, I would recommend you visit their support sites.

Sorry your post got smoked, but some of the responses to it were going in a bad way.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: My thread? - 03/27/2002 6:09 PM
But we're always open to discussing the future of UBB smile

As we get ready for public beta, most of you have seen already what's coming in 6.3, so there's not a whole lot of secrets we'll be revealing smile

Search is much improved, being much faster and more accurate, with results linking to the actual post the searched-for words are in.

Avatars are now in the base code (I believe these are based on Open Topic's model)

Custom ranks based on posts (up to 15 of'm) are now in the base code - you can use html in them as well

You are now able to use alternate template sets and assign them to specific forums, this allows for a huge variety in the layout between your forums. Some made by JC are already included, we'll be making some as well smile

Many Many bugfixes have been included

There are some other improvements in the control panel that I guess I can save for later smile
Posted By: Rich99 Re: My thread? - 03/27/2002 6:16 PM
Ohhh, sorry guys, i did not mean it to end up like that frown I have been wondering whats been happening with the UBB, and IMO the rather disturbing amount of "board change overs" - good to hear that things are looking up for UBB smile
Posted By: tackaberry Re: My thread? - 03/27/2002 6:44 PM
What Infopop strives to do with UBB™ is to provide a quality product that is stable.

New Features are added after going through a rigourous process of designing, implementing, testing, retesting, redesigning, etc.

All of us expect big things from UBB™ down the road, and know that "must-have" features probably will be implemented at some point. Until then, there is a large dev community dedicated to finding interim solutions and building upon the base code.
© UBB.Developers