UBB.Dev
Posted By: Matt Jacob Tip: keep your computer running smoothly - 04/03/2002 6:55 AM
I suggest you buy the excellent defrag program Diskeeper in order to keep your Windows system operating at full blast. Apparently, according to my Diskeeper box, you can increase your performance by 200% just from using it. I also advise the purchase of a fully automated virus protection program. Symantec and McAfee both have excellent offerings in the way of virus utilities.

If you can't afford Diskeeper, run the built-in defrag at least twice a week. If you can't afford virus protection software, you have my condolences. wink
Posted By: Jamin Re: Tip: keep your computer running smoothly - 04/03/2002 7:16 AM
I recommend the Symantec one personally. I dunno why, I would guess they're all pretty much the same, but McAffee never really did it for me. I got the Norton SystemWorks 2002 package recently, which includes the antivirus app, as well as several other really good system utilities including an excellent defragger. I highly recommend this bundle as it seems to have all the really good system utilities wrapped up into one easy package. And it works.

---Jamin
Posted By: jordo Re: Tip: keep your computer running smoothly - 04/03/2002 7:57 AM
diskeeper is great, run it every day or two and have for the past few months.
Two times a week? I run it once a month or so.
I have Diskeeper but it takes to damn long frown
What does defragging do?
re-arranges ur hd files...
Doesn't it make Newely installed programs run faster too?
which suburb in melb are u in dexter?
Posted By: KreatiV Re: Tip: keep your computer running smoothly - 04/04/2002 3:13 PM
If you can't afford anti-virus software use Sophos .
© UBB.Developers