UBB.Dev
Posted By: RandyM Do you like using .jpg files? - 07/26/2002 4:33 AM
Click here
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: Do you like using .jpg files? - 07/26/2002 4:39 AM
Yea, that is REALLY stupid and i HATE whatever company is screwing with jpegs. I'll use GIFs and PNGs...
Posted By: RandyM Re: Do you like using .jpg files? - 07/26/2002 4:44 AM
It seems that after 17 years there should be some sort of implied consent.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Do you like using .jpg files? - 07/26/2002 8:47 AM
I don't like using them but I just do. o_O
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Do you like using .jpg files? - 07/26/2002 9:10 AM
PNG is the clear alternative, as even GIFs have licensing restrictions on them.
Posted By: Jamin Re: Do you like using .jpg files? - 07/26/2002 4:43 PM
Yup, PNG for me! I've never been able to get PNG imges as small as jpgs except on really tiny low-color graphics. But according to the PNG site, I'm an idiot who's not doing it right if I can't make them smaller than jpgs. So I guess it serves me right for being an idiot!

After the $3 million Macromedia settlement, and paying $15 million to Forgent, I'm sure the price of Photoshop 8.0 will skyrocket. Grr. mad Oh well, I'm just glad I finally got 7.0 at my cute little academic price, so I'll be able to use that for a good long while before they decide to upgrade.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention this earlier: TheX, Netwerkin is lookin' _really_ nice! laugh Muchos props, man!

---Jamin
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: Do you like using .jpg files? - 07/26/2002 5:28 PM
I don't think this will last very long with the negative press coverage they're getting. wink
I only use gifs!
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Do you like using .jpg files? - 07/26/2002 9:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ©.:Sean Network:.©:
I only use gifs!
And oversized ones that are too big for a signature at that!
Posted By: DJLunacy Re: Do you like using .jpg files? - 07/27/2002 5:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ©.:Sean Network:.©:
I only use gifs!
you should re-think that smile

TheX ---- I would agree, that is very stupid. But think about it, would be a good idea release something let a million people use it and then say wait a second oh by the way I patented this and you all owe me money smile

However I can forsee that if they try to charge money for JPEGS the will get dropped faster then a 700 man off the empire state building
© UBB.Developers