UBB.Dev
Posted By: RandyM L.O.T.R. - 08/08/2002 3:36 AM
Just a quick break to say...GO BUY THE DVD! The Fellowship of the Ring that is. WOW!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: L.O.T.R. - 08/08/2002 5:00 AM
Never saw it, or read the book(s). Why would I like it? Is it that good?
Posted By: RandyM Re: L.O.T.R. - 08/08/2002 5:13 AM
Allen, to be honest I'm not sure you would. It has a lot to do with demons and dark sciences. It definitely isn't for everyone but the cinematography is fantastic.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: L.O.T.R. - 08/08/2002 6:08 AM
You do have to be somewhat in touch with the whole fantasy thing in order to REALLY enjoy it, but I don't think that the demons and company would be too much of an issue.

Then again, it IS three hours long. wink
Posted By: RandyM Re: L.O.T.R. - 08/08/2002 6:22 AM
Well, I played giutar in praise teams for quite awhile and the demonic portions can make a difference to some people...and it certainly is three hours long...

It also ended in a spot that leaves you saying...what the...???
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: L.O.T.R. - 08/08/2002 6:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by TheX:
It has a lot to do with demons and dark sciences.
That's not entirely true. Well, it is, but it isn't. It's not anything like Harry Potter, because Tolkien is a Christian writer.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: L.O.T.R. - 08/08/2002 9:29 AM
I'm going tp pick up my copy today. Never got the chance to see it at the cinemas.
Posted By: dende Re: L.O.T.R. - 08/08/2002 1:02 PM
I saw it at the theatres and enjoyed it a lot. I may pick up the DVD, but I probably won't. If I was to buy a movie, there are many more out that I'd like better. It is a very good movie, though.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: L.O.T.R. - 08/08/2002 1:59 PM
Alot of special features on the DVD to check out if you have already seen it in threatres.
Posted By: tackaberry Re: L.O.T.R. - 08/08/2002 3:10 PM
I find my home theatre to be more enjoyable then the cinema
© UBB.Developers