UBB.Dev
Posted By: RandyM Postnuke split into 3 forks? - 08/29/2002 9:33 PM
That's what it looks like. The first was the Encompass team spliting off to build the Envolution system in response to the Postnuke choosing blocklayout as the default template system. Now there appears to be a rift that has split postnuke.com right down the center.

This has huge implications for some of us. Which fork to follow? which interim path to take to guarantee that your CMS system is upgradable? John Cox, Former PostNuke Project Manager hsa left the project and is starting a new dev team that claims to be continuing the .8 path for a valid 1.0 release. No one has any official information yet about the name of the new project but you can read John's statements here <--click this.

From what I've gathered via e-mail and IRC today the blocklayout system is following John's team away from postnuke. Without a template system in place for future development postnukes future is a bit unsure right now. It would be interesting to see them adopt the encompass/envolution system that caused the first fork and bring it back to a 2-way split. I for one am very excited and anxious to see what the future of the "nuked" CMS systems holds.

Sooo, does anyone have more information/insight/or a good guess at what lies ahead in the nuked world?
Posted By: DJLunacy Re: Postnuke split into 3 forks? - 09/05/2002 7:08 PM
I know a lot what do you want to know smile
© UBB.Developers