UBB.Dev
Posted By: redge Nice work - 11/20/2002 5:07 AM
You folks are doing a great work around here laugh
Really, very apreciated. Keep on the great work! Your site made me wanna get back in touch with webbies and stuff. And all this modding is very fun smile

I'm curious, how many times you folks press the clear cache button per day? smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Nice work - 11/20/2002 5:12 AM
It's good to have you around redge, the members are what this site is all about smile

Clear cache... per day? I never clear cache unless I've done something that requires an update of all the pages - like style changes, but then that clears cache by itself. smile Your cache is what feeds your php accelerator, which significantly speeds up your site and lowers server load smile
Posted By: redge Re: Nice work - 11/20/2002 5:44 AM
hehe i was imagining you folks editing stuff all day long causing you to clear cache at each attempt to see results laugh Think i didnt know exactly what changes needed to clear it and what dont smile Thx for the info.
Posted By: CTM Re: Nice work - 11/20/2002 11:33 PM
Surprisingly I don't think UBBDev hacks that much of the UBB... The only thing I can see from my end is the Calendar, MyStyle, LK's Time Zone hack and a couple of other things...

Still the best place to be on a rainy day though! laugh
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Nice work - 11/21/2002 12:24 AM
It's the stuff you don't see that's really cool wink Here, like in the member spotlight, we like to emphasize appropriate use of modifications and not just everything thrown at it in the book smile

One really nice one is the css - change the style you want in your profile... nobody does it better smile
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: Nice work - 11/21/2002 12:29 AM
When I was actively hacking I cleared the cache near 20 times daily. Finally i just turned it off until i was done. wink
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Nice work - 11/21/2002 8:46 AM
Yeah, it increased when I was hacking. Especially high when changing my design and had to clear the cache all the time.
Posted By: LK Re: Nice work - 11/21/2002 3:34 PM
CTM, don't forget Compact Headers, QuickReply, the avatars (United Devices and staff/winner/run'r'up/entrant), [team], and many other things too small to see.. There are many hacks, but not so many of them are visible from the first look.
© UBB.Developers